"Drive Not Responding" -> SOLUTION - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on "Drive Not Responding" -> SOLUTION - Veritas Backup Exec ; See TechNote ID: 236368 http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/236368.htm This should work for everything, not only remote shares - Increasing the timeout value as stated under Method 2 has apparently solved all my problems. I am running a Windows 2000 Server (SP2) backing up ...

  1. "Drive Not Responding" -> SOLUTION

    See TechNote ID: 236368

    This should work for everything, not only remote shares -

    Increasing the timeout value as stated under Method 2 has apparently solved
    all my problems. I am running a Windows 2000 Server (SP2) backing up Windows
    2000 Workstations (SP2), and just recently all my backups started to fail.
    Other knowledge base articles refer to backup environments including Exchange
    servers or Win9x registry backups, but mine is just a straight Windows 2000
    environment. These are full backups, not incrementals, and they are now all
    working perfectly with the above fix.

    Hope this helps -

    Nick

  2. Re: "Drive Not Responding" -> SOLUTION

    Thanks for posting this, Nick. I am still at W2K SP1, nor have I had the
    timeout problem, but this could save me some time in the near future.

    Alex

    "Nick Milianes" wrote in message

    > See TechNote ID: 236368
    > http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/236368.htm
    >
    > This should work for everything, not only remote shares -
    >
    > Increasing the timeout value as stated under Method 2 has apparently

    solved
    > all my problems. I am running a Windows 2000 Server (SP2) backing up

    Windows
    > 2000 Workstations (SP2), and just recently all my backups started to fail.
    > Other knowledge base articles refer to backup environments including

    Exchange
    > servers or Win9x registry backups, but mine is just a straight Windows

    2000
    > environment. These are full backups, not incrementals, and they are now

    all
    > working perfectly with the above fix.
    >
    > Hope this helps -
    >
    > Nick

  3. Re: "Drive Not Responding" -> SOLUTION

    I wonder whether or not this solution will work with 7.2. My backups on to
    the Exchange server information store are failing now. They used to work
    fine.

    > See TechNote ID: 236368
    > http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/236368.htm
    >
    > This should work for everything, not only remote shares -
    >
    > Increasing the timeout value as stated under Method 2 has apparently

    solved
    > all my problems. I am running a Windows 2000 Server (SP2) backing up

    Windows
    > 2000 Workstations (SP2), and just recently all my backups started to fail.
    > Other knowledge base articles refer to backup environments including

    Exchange
    > servers or Win9x registry backups, but mine is just a straight Windows

    2000
    > environment. These are full backups, not incrementals, and they are now

    all
    > working perfectly with the above fix.
    >
    > Hope this helps -
    >
    > Nick