Incorrect block size error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Incorrect block size error - Veritas Backup Exec ; Out of the blue, a nightly incremental (append) backup job failed wit the error "When accessing a new tape of a multivolume partition, the current block size is incorrect". The tape isn't new. It was used for the same job ...

  1. Incorrect block size error

    Out of the blue, a nightly incremental (append) backup job failed wit the
    error "When accessing a new tape of a multivolume partition, the current
    block size is incorrect".

    The tape isn't new. It was used for the same job the night before without
    any errors. It isn't full and it isn't part of a multivolume partition set.

    I can't find any mention of this type of error in the Veritas Knowledgebase.
    Does anyone have any idea as to what this error coul dbe caused by?

    TIA

    davec

  2. Re: Incorrect block size error

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190750.htm

    Admin wrote:

    > Out of the blue, a nightly incremental (append) backup job failed wit the
    > error "When accessing a new tape of a multivolume partition, the current
    > block size is incorrect".
    >
    > The tape isn't new. It was used for the same job the night before without
    > any errors. It isn't full and it isn't part of a multivolume partition set.
    >
    > I can't find any mention of this type of error in the Veritas Knowledgebase.
    > Does anyone have any idea as to what this error coul dbe caused by?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > davec

  3. Re: Incorrect block size error

    "Admin" wrote:
    >Out of the blue, a nightly incremental (append) backup job failed wit the
    >error "When accessing a new tape of a multivolume partition, the current
    >block size is incorrect".
    >
    >The tape isn't new. It was used for the same job the night before without
    >any errors. It isn't full and it isn't part of a multivolume partition set.
    >
    >I can't find any mention of this type of error in the Veritas Knowledgebase.
    >Does anyone have any idea as to what this error coul dbe caused by?
    >
    >TIA
    >
    >davec

    We are having the same problem, out of the blue all are backups are failing
    with this error. If you fine a solution please forward it to us, I'll do
    the same. Thanks Alex

  4. Re: Incorrect block size error

    "Alex" wrote:
    Hi Alex,

    If the tape drive is connected to raid,move it to scsi.

    otherwise try erasing tape with ntbackup

    Rob

    >"Admin" wrote:
    >>Out of the blue, a nightly incremental (append) backup job failed wit the
    >>error "When accessing a new tape of a multivolume partition, the current
    >>block size is incorrect".
    >>
    >>The tape isn't new. It was used for the same job the night before without
    >>any errors. It isn't full and it isn't part of a multivolume partition

    set.

    >>I can't find any mention of this type of error in the Veritas Knowledgebase.
    >>Does anyone have any idea as to what this error coul dbe caused by?
    >>
    >>TIA
    >>
    >>davec
    >>

    >We are having the same problem, out of the blue all are backups are failing
    >with this error. If you fine a solution please forward it to us, I'll do
    >the same. Thanks Alex

+ Reply to Thread