Cartridge Labels - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Cartridge Labels - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm new to BackupExec 7.3. What is the purpose of the cartridge labels? Can I change these labels without causing problems, as long as each new label is unique? We have physical labels on our tapes, and I'm thinking about ...

  1. Cartridge Labels

    I'm new to BackupExec 7.3. What is the purpose of the cartridge labels?
    Can I change these labels without causing problems, as long as each new
    label is unique? We have physical labels on our tapes, and I'm thinking
    about making the cartridge labels in BackupExec match those physical
    tape labels so that it will be easier to find the correct tapes when
    restoring files. Don't know if it's worth the effort, but thought I
    would at least ask whether or not doing this would mess up anything.

    --

    Please reply to the newsgroup so that all may learn
    from your wisdom.

    --Tom

  2. Re: Cartridge Labels

    Yes you can do this but before the backup not after as it will make the data
    unretrievable
    -Louise
    "Thomas M" wrote in message
    news:MPG.157ded4c4016351298969e@news.support.verit as.com...
    > I'm new to BackupExec 7.3. What is the purpose of the cartridge labels?
    > Can I change these labels without causing problems, as long as each new
    > label is unique? We have physical labels on our tapes, and I'm thinking
    > about making the cartridge labels in BackupExec match those physical
    > tape labels so that it will be easier to find the correct tapes when
    > restoring files. Don't know if it's worth the effort, but thought I
    > would at least ask whether or not doing this would mess up anything.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Please reply to the newsgroup so that all may learn
    > from your wisdom.
    >
    > --Tom

+ Reply to Thread