Media Mount Failed? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Media Mount Failed? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I checked my backup log this morning and saw that I had the following error: "Media mount failed. 0x800706be(2147944126)The media operation was terminated by the user. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Append operations cannot be performed on this storage media. ...

  1. Media Mount Failed?

    I checked my backup log this morning and saw that I had the following
    error:

    "Media mount failed.
    0x800706be(2147944126)The media operation was terminated by the user.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Append operations cannot be performed on this storage media.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^"

    The server apparently froze during the backup job and was rebooted, but
    it looks as if most of the files were successfully backed up. So what
    does this mean? Is the tape full? Has the tape gone bad? Or is the
    reboot the real problem and this message just isn't really telling me
    the story?

    --

    Please reply to the newsgroup so that all may learn
    from your wisdom.

    --Tom

  2. Re: Media Mount Failed?

    Try this
    -Louise
    "Thomas M" wrote in message
    news:MPG.157dec66b145c5df98969d@news.support.verit as.com...
    > I checked my backup log this morning and saw that I had the following
    > error:
    >
    > "Media mount failed.
    > 0x800706be(2147944126)The media operation was terminated by the user.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > Append operations cannot be performed on this storage media.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^"
    >
    > The server apparently froze during the backup job and was rebooted, but
    > it looks as if most of the files were successfully backed up. So what
    > does this mean? Is the tape full? Has the tape gone bad? Or is the
    > reboot the real problem and this message just isn't really telling me
    > the story?
    >
    > --
    >
    > Please reply to the newsgroup so that all may learn
    > from your wisdom.
    >
    > --Tom

+ Reply to Thread