Re: CRC errors on Changer - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Re: CRC errors on Changer - Veritas Backup Exec ; Ken Putnam wrote: >see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192216.htm > >Jim Marcum wrote: > >> Hi, >> >> I am running BE 8.5 on a Win2K server, and have the latest patches for the >> drivers installed. Ever since installing the patches, I have ...

  1. Re: CRC errors on Changer

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192216.htm
    >
    >Jim Marcum wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I am running BE 8.5 on a Win2K server, and have the latest patches for

    the
    >> drivers installed. Ever since installing the patches, I have been getting
    >> a CRC error on one of the drives every backup. I tried re-applying, no

    help.
    >> Any suggestions (how do you un-apply a patch?) would be helpful.
    >>
    >> Also, W2K is giving me an error on both changers (library error) when

    I bounce
    >> the box.
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Jim

    >You could try to upgrade the firmware on the changer

  2. Re: CRC errors on Changer

    Veritas support had me change some SCSI card setting when I had this
    problem, and it seemed to work

    "Rick Buist" wrote in message

    > Ken Putnam wrote:
    > >see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192216.htm
    > >
    > >Jim Marcum wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I am running BE 8.5 on a Win2K server, and have the latest patches for

    > the
    > >> drivers installed. Ever since installing the patches, I have been

    getting
    > >> a CRC error on one of the drives every backup. I tried re-applying, no

    > help.
    > >> Any suggestions (how do you un-apply a patch?) would be helpful.
    > >>
    > >> Also, W2K is giving me an error on both changers (library error) when

    > I bounce
    > >> the box.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks
    > >>
    > >> Jim

    > >You could try to upgrade the firmware on the changer

  3. Re: CRC errors on Changer

    Try this
    -Louise
    "Rick Buist" wrote in message

    > Ken Putnam wrote:
    > >see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192216.htm
    > >
    > >Jim Marcum wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I am running BE 8.5 on a Win2K server, and have the latest patches for

    > the
    > >> drivers installed. Ever since installing the patches, I have been

    getting
    > >> a CRC error on one of the drives every backup. I tried re-applying, no

    > help.
    > >> Any suggestions (how do you un-apply a patch?) would be helpful.
    > >>
    > >> Also, W2K is giving me an error on both changers (library error) when

    > I bounce
    > >> the box.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks
    > >>
    > >> Jim

    > >You could try to upgrade the firmware on the changer

+ Reply to Thread