Resotre from a tape which does not show on the list. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Resotre from a tape which does not show on the list. - Veritas Backup Exec ; We need to restore from a tape, but on the directory tree, this tape is not listed. How can I do the restore? Or is there a way to do it?...

  1. Resotre from a tape which does not show on the list.

    We need to restore from a tape, but on the directory tree, this tape is not
    listed. How can I do the restore? Or is there a way to do it?

  2. Re: Resotre from a tape which does not show on the list.

    You need to catalog the tape, then you'll be able to select from the restore
    tab.

    "Howie" wrote in message news:3b142093$1@hronntp01....

    > We need to restore from a tape, but on the directory tree, this tape is

    not
    > listed. How can I do the restore? Or is there a way to do it?

  3. Re: Resotre from a tape which does not show on the list.

    Stop the sevices go to Program files/backup Exec/NT/Catalog folder the only
    extentions in this floder should be .0u1 and .idx delete all the rest and
    rename the betopcat.idx. This should work.

    -Louise
    "Ricardo Pistarino" wrote in message
    > You need to catalog the tape, then you'll be able to select from the

    restore
    > tab.
    >
    > "Howie" wrote in message news:3b142093$1@hronntp01....
    > >
    > > We need to restore from a tape, but on the directory tree, this tape is

    > not
    > > listed. How can I do the restore? Or is there a way to do it?

+ Reply to Thread