exchange 2000 backup problem - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on exchange 2000 backup problem - Veritas Backup Exec ; hi, I have an exchange 2000 server installed with Veritas 8.5 and exchange 2000 backup agent, when i try to select exchange mailboxes it ask me enter the unique Exchange mailbox name that belonged to the Backup Exec Services Account. ...

  1. exchange 2000 backup problem

    hi,
    I have an exchange 2000 server installed with Veritas 8.5 and exchange 2000
    backup agent, when i try to select exchange mailboxes it ask me enter the
    unique Exchange mailbox name that belonged to the Backup Exec Services Account.
    After i enter the mailbox name it say backup exec could not attach to this
    exchange server.

    I have already create a outlook profile for this account and it is a member
    of domain admin.

  2. Re: exchange 2000 backup problem

    Hi

    The same installation works at my site. Are you sure that you
    declare the SAME account you used when you installed Backup Exec?
    You can determine the account when looking at the services runing
    (START/RUN/SERVICES.MSC).

    Further questions:
    What Service Packs did you install?
    What Version of Backup Exec are you running?
    Did you install the Exchange post rollout patch?
    Are you running your system in mixed or native mode?

    One thing that might help is to reinstall backup exec and the
    exchange agent.

    Regards...
    Ami

  3. Re: exchange 2000 backup problem

    "Wai" wrote:

    >hi,
    >I have an exchange 2000 server installed with Veritas 8.5 and exchange 2000
    >backup agent, when i try to select exchange mailboxes it ask me enter the
    >unique Exchange mailbox name that belonged to the Backup Exec Services Account.
    >After i enter the mailbox name it say backup exec could not attach to this
    >exchange server.
    >
    >I have already create a outlook profile for this account and it is a member
    >of domain admin.

    Be sure that the Outlook Profile you created is exactly the same name as
    your service account. This would be the profile name in the profiles box
    in Control Panel> Mail. Check to see if you can connect with this account
    in the Notification tab of BE. This uses the same account properties. Then
    start and restart the services or reboot. This worked for me when I had
    the same problem.

    Good Luck

  4. Re: exchange 2000 backup problem

    this is a biggie ensure the edbbcli.dll and the MDAC are the same on both
    servers (MDAC hklm/software/microsoft/data access version) always copy from
    the Exchange server to the BE server not the other way around. Copy the
    Mapi32 from program files\common files\system\103x\mapi folder to the
    program files\vertias\backup exec\nt folder. Ensure you have an outlook
    client and Exchange manager installed on the BE server.
    check the BE account is a member of DA,Admin,and Domain User local security
    policy of act as part of the operating system and log on as a service.
    Create a unique mailbox attach the BE account to it. In exchange display
    advanced setting give the account full control at the site level the
    organization and the server level.
    On the Be server send a mail to the unique mailbox log on as the BE account
    and you should be able to attach. If this does not work stop services and
    rename the bewinui.uni to .old and restart the services.

    -Louise

    "Wai" wrote in message news:3b13ce4c$1@hronntp01....

    > hi,
    > I have an exchange 2000 server installed with Veritas 8.5 and exchange

    2000
    > backup agent, when i try to select exchange mailboxes it ask me enter the
    > unique Exchange mailbox name that belonged to the Backup Exec Services

    Account.
    > After i enter the mailbox name it say backup exec could not attach to this
    > exchange server.
    >
    > I have already create a outlook profile for this account and it is a

    member
    > of domain admin.

+ Reply to Thread