Could not start the VncSnapshot service on Local Computer - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Could not start the VncSnapshot service on Local Computer - Veritas Backup Exec ; We use BE 7.3 Rev.2575 Multi-server on a Windows NT 4.0 server. BE backups the local server and other NT 4.0 servers using NTAA and OFO. My question: can I use OFO and NTAA (from BE 7.3 Rev.2575)to backup a ...

  1. Could not start the VncSnapshot service on Local Computer

    We use BE 7.3 Rev.2575 Multi-server on a Windows NT 4.0 server.
    BE backups the local server and other NT 4.0 servers using NTAA and OFO.

    My question: can I use OFO and NTAA (from BE 7.3 Rev.2575)to backup a Windows
    2000 Server ?

    When I try to start OFO on the Windows 2000 server, I get the error: "Could
    not start the VncSnapshot service on Local Computer".

    Thanks,

    Thierry Pauwels

  2. Re: Could not start the VncSnapshot service on Local Computer

    Nope, you ned a minimum of v8.0 to support W2K.

    Thierry PAUWELS wrote:

    > We use BE 7.3 Rev.2575 Multi-server on a Windows NT 4.0 server.
    > BE backups the local server and other NT 4.0 servers using NTAA and OFO.
    >
    > My question: can I use OFO and NTAA (from BE 7.3 Rev.2575)to backup a Windows
    > 2000 Server ?
    >
    > When I try to start OFO on the Windows 2000 server, I get the error: "Could
    > not start the VncSnapshot service on Local Computer".
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Thierry Pauwels

  3. Re: Could not start the VncSnapshot service on Local Computer

    This is correct only 8.x is W2K compliant.
    -Louise
    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > Nope, you ned a minimum of v8.0 to support W2K.
    >
    > Thierry PAUWELS wrote:
    >
    > > We use BE 7.3 Rev.2575 Multi-server on a Windows NT 4.0 server.
    > > BE backups the local server and other NT 4.0 servers using NTAA and OFO.
    > >
    > > My question: can I use OFO and NTAA (from BE 7.3 Rev.2575)to backup a

    Windows
    > > 2000 Server ?
    > >
    > > When I try to start OFO on the Windows 2000 server, I get the error:

    "Could
    > > not start the VncSnapshot service on Local Computer".
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Thierry Pauwels

+ Reply to Thread