bad media - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on bad media - Veritas Backup Exec ; Had a power loss to my tape library and now all new media is recognized as bad media and scrath media gets stuck in a Loading Media Loop when a job starts .Haven't had a chance to reboot server either. ...

  1. bad media

    Had a power loss to my tape library and now all new media is recognized as
    bad media and scrath media gets stuck in a Loading Media Loop when a job
    starts .Haven't had a chance to reboot server either. Could rebooting the
    server be a fix. Tried cleaning the drive , but cleaning cartridge is recognized
    as bad media......
    please help.......

  2. Re: bad media

    A reset / reboot would help
    Troy

    "bryguy1" wrote in message

    > Had a power loss to my tape library and now all new media is recognized as
    > bad media and scrath media gets stuck in a Loading Media Loop when a job
    > starts .Haven't had a chance to reboot server either. Could rebooting the
    > server be a fix. Tried cleaning the drive , but cleaning cartridge is

    recognized
    > as bad media......
    > please help.......

+ Reply to Thread