Backing up a separate workgroup that is outside backup server domain - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backing up a separate workgroup that is outside backup server domain - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have 8.0 on an NT server which is the PDC for a domain. I want to backup a computer that is on a separate workgroup. I was able to install the agent accelerator on the workgroup computer remotely from ...

  1. Backing up a separate workgroup that is outside backup server domain

    I have 8.0 on an NT server which is the PDC for a domain. I want to backup
    a computer that is on a separate workgroup. I was able to install the agent
    accelerator on the workgroup computer remotely from the backup server using
    the backup exec CD (remote install option). This was successful. Problem
    is I still can't see that computer from Backup Exec - I'm assuming because
    its not in the domain. How can I make Backup Exec see this computer thats
    in a separate workgroup so I can back it up?

    Thanks in advance

    John

  2. Re: Backing up a separate workgroup that is outside backup server domain

    You should be able to browse to it in the backup selections pane if install
    could see it.

    Is the Remote Agent started?
    Can you see the remote machine in Explorer?

    John McGivern wrote:

    > I have 8.0 on an NT server which is the PDC for a domain. I want to backup
    > a computer that is on a separate workgroup. I was able to install the agent
    > accelerator on the workgroup computer remotely from the backup server using
    > the backup exec CD (remote install option). This was successful. Problem
    > is I still can't see that computer from Backup Exec - I'm assuming because
    > its not in the domain. How can I make Backup Exec see this computer thats
    > in a separate workgroup so I can back it up?
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > John

+ Reply to Thread