Autloader fails to load tapes in proper order - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Autloader fails to load tapes in proper order - Veritas Backup Exec ; We are using BackupExec 7.3 We have an intermittent problem with the backups. When we use three or more tapes in a backup, sometimes our AutoLoader fails to load the tapes in the proper sequence. For example, we have three ...

  1. Autloader fails to load tapes in proper order

    We are using BackupExec 7.3

    We have an intermittent problem with the backups.

    When we use three or more tapes in a backup, sometimes our AutoLoader fails
    to load the tapes in the proper sequence.

    For example, we have three tapes for a daily backup.
    Tapes 1 and 3 will be loaded but Tape 2 will be skipped.

    Also, to finish the job we must manually load the last tape.

    The tapes even occur if I do a quick erase prior to the backup.

    Also, the problem does not happen in the same slots everytime.

    Thanks in advance,
    Michael

  2. Re: Autloader fails to load tapes in proper order

    "Michael Henderson" wrote:
    >We are using BackupExec 7.3
    >
    >We have an intermittent problem with the backups.
    >
    >When we use three or more tapes in a backup, sometimes our AutoLoader fails
    >to load the tapes in the proper sequence.
    >
    >For example, we have three tapes for a daily backup.
    >Tapes 1 and 3 will be loaded but Tape 2 will be skipped.
    >
    >Also, to finish the job we must manually load the last tape.
    >
    >The tapes even occur if I do a quick erase prior to the backup.
    >
    >Also, the problem does not happen in the same slots everytime.
    >
    >Thanks in advance,
    >Michael

    Sometimes BE is confised about the correct info for your tapes
    in an autoloader. You should at least scan but inventory would be better
    ALL the slots in your autoloader and then restart BE.

+ Reply to Thread