slow down backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on slow down backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a really old server that locks up whenever I try to do a backup. It only happens on that server. I've read where it causes the scsi drive to lockup because of the speed of the transfer. Is ...

  1. slow down backup

    I have a really old server that locks up whenever I try to do a backup. It
    only happens on that server. I've read where it causes the scsi drive to
    lockup because of the speed of the transfer. Is there any way to slow down
    the backup for one server?

    TIA

  2. Re: slow down backup

    Not that I'm aware of.

    Is this a network backup or local?

    Richard wrote:

    > I have a really old server that locks up whenever I try to do a backup. It
    > only happens on that server. I've read where it causes the scsi drive to
    > lockup because of the speed of the transfer. Is there any way to slow down
    > the backup for one server?
    >
    > TIA

+ Reply to Thread