Backup starts but hangs with a loading media error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup starts but hangs with a loading media error - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have a backup schedule of incrementals during the weekdays and a full on fridays. My incremental backups work fine but often the full will still be running on Monday with an alert to remove the tape from the drive. ...

  1. Backup starts but hangs with a loading media error

    I have a backup schedule of incrementals during the weekdays and a full on
    fridays. My incremental backups work fine but often the full will still be
    running on Monday with an alert to remove the tape from the drive. The job
    has usually completed about 12 gig at this point . I remove the tape and
    put it back in but instead of continuing the job fails. Log file gives a
    load media error.
    I am running NT 4 server SP 5 (cant load 6a yet because of mdac compatibilty),Backup
    exec 8.5 with the sql option installed.
    The backups are running localy on each of the servers.
    Does anyone have any suggestions.

  2. Re: Backup starts but hangs with a loading media error

    What kind of drives?
    Is it possible that the tape is filling up?

    Jamie Switzer wrote:

    > I have a backup schedule of incrementals during the weekdays and a full on
    > fridays. My incremental backups work fine but often the full will still be
    > running on Monday with an alert to remove the tape from the drive. The job
    > has usually completed about 12 gig at this point . I remove the tape and
    > put it back in but instead of continuing the job fails. Log file gives a
    > load media error.
    > I am running NT 4 server SP 5 (cant load 6a yet because of mdac compatibilty),Backup
    > exec 8.5 with the sql option installed.
    > The backups are running localy on each of the servers.
    > Does anyone have any suggestions.

+ Reply to Thread