bengine.exe halt - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on bengine.exe halt - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I have a problem in backup exec for NT ver7.3 the problem is I have schedule the jobs, the jobs had normally backup data, but the backup exec console should be halt up while the jobs is successfully complete, ...

  1. bengine.exe halt

    Hi,

    I have a problem in backup exec for NT ver7.3
    the problem is I have schedule the jobs, the jobs had normally backup data,
    but the backup exec console should be halt up while the jobs is successfully
    complete, just use the end process the bengine.exe and stop the backup exec
    service and restart, the console has resume to backup, but the error will
    occurred at next time.

    pls help

  2. Re: bengine.exe halt

    Appeares to be a corrupt Index File, Need to delete the "BeTopCat.idx" (C:\Program
    files\Veritas\BackupExec\NT\Catalogs). Also delete the Temp files; *.SM,
    *.FDD and *.TMP files. Reboot server. (Index file will be recreated) Worked
    for me!.
    "Ricky" wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I have a problem in backup exec for NT ver7.3
    >the problem is I have schedule the jobs, the jobs had normally backup data,
    >but the backup exec console should be halt up while the jobs is successfully
    >complete, just use the end process the bengine.exe and stop the backup exec
    >service and restart, the console has resume to backup, but the error will
    >occurred at next time.
    >
    >pls help

+ Reply to Thread