How to backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on How to backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm running BENT 7.3 w/ NT 4.0 w/ SP 5 It's also running Microsoft Exchange server 5.5 w/ SP 3 Now when it backups up, it skips a bunch of exchange files since they are in use. The only way ...

  1. How to backup

    I'm running BENT 7.3 w/ NT 4.0 w/ SP 5

    It's also running Microsoft Exchange server 5.5 w/ SP 3

    Now when it backups up, it skips a bunch of exchange files since they are in
    use. The only way it will backup the exchange files is if I stop all the
    Microsoft Exchange services. But this takes the office's e-mail server down
    for like an hour. Is there anyway to keep the services running and still
    have the exchange files backed up on tape?

    Charles

  2. Re: How to backup

    You need to purchase and install the Exchange module for BackupExec to do
    online backups. Read the FAQ located at
    http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm for further.

    Ron

    "Charles Supha" wrote:
    >I'm running BENT 7.3 w/ NT 4.0 w/ SP 5
    >
    >It's also running Microsoft Exchange server 5.5 w/ SP 3
    >
    >Now when it backups up, it skips a bunch of exchange files since they are

    in
    >use. The only way it will backup the exchange files is if I stop all the
    >Microsoft Exchange services. But this takes the office's e-mail server

    down
    >for like an hour. Is there anyway to keep the services running and still
    >have the exchange files backed up on tape?
    >
    >Charles

+ Reply to Thread