Need Help with this weird problem - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Need Help with this weird problem - Veritas Backup Exec ; OK I have Veritas 8.0 running on a Win2K server with a Seagate 4mm drive. Now here is where it gets weird. Manual backups ALWAYS work. Scheduled backups during the day work. Scheduled backups at night give me a data ...

  1. Need Help with this weird problem

    OK I have Veritas 8.0 running on a Win2K server with a Seagate 4mm drive.
    Now here is where it gets weird. Manual backups ALWAYS work. Scheduled backups
    during the day work. Scheduled backups at night give me a data error (crc)
    and/or drive needs to be cleaned error. I have not gotten ONE nightly backup
    to work. Any ideas? I am at the point where I might just switch out the drive

  2. Re: Need Help with this weird problem

    Chris, by "CRC" are you referring to "cyclic redundancy check"? That is a
    problem I am having. I back up nightly using the scheduler and this happens
    2 or 3 times in a row and then it may go for a few days fine. I am running
    7.3 on an NT server with a Seagate Travan drive. I don't have an answer for
    you but that someone has one for both of us.
    Cliff ctidd@centraltools.com

    --

    "Chris" wrote in message

    > OK I have Veritas 8.0 running on a Win2K server with a Seagate 4mm drive.
    > Now here is where it gets weird. Manual backups ALWAYS work. Scheduled

    backups
    > during the day work. Scheduled backups at night give me a data error

    (crc)
    > and/or drive needs to be cleaned error. I have not gotten ONE nightly

    backup
    > to work. Any ideas? I am at the point where I might just switch out the

    drive

  3. Re: Need Help with this weird problem

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192216.htm for a list of causes and
    "cures" for CRC errors.

    Chris wrote:

    > OK I have Veritas 8.0 running on a Win2K server with a Seagate 4mm drive.
    > Now here is where it gets weird. Manual backups ALWAYS work. Scheduled backups
    > during the day work. Scheduled backups at night give me a data error (crc)
    > and/or drive needs to be cleaned error. I have not gotten ONE nightly backup
    > to work. Any ideas? I am at the point where I might just switch out the drive

  4. Re: Need Help with this weird problem

    Cliff Tidd wrote:

    > Chris, by "CRC" are you referring to "cyclic redundancy check"? That is a
    > problem I am having. I back up nightly using the scheduler and this happens
    > 2 or 3 times in a row and then it may go for a few days fine. I am running
    > 7.3 on an NT server with a Seagate Travan drive. I don't have an answer for
    > you but that someone has one for both of us.
    > Cliff ctidd@centraltools.com
    >
    > --
    >
    > "Chris" wrote in message
    > >
    > > OK I have Veritas 8.0 running on a Win2K server with a Seagate 4mm drive.
    > > Now here is where it gets weird. Manual backups ALWAYS work. Scheduled

    > backups
    > > during the day work. Scheduled backups at night give me a data error

    > (crc)
    > > and/or drive needs to be cleaned error. I have not gotten ONE nightly

    > backup
    > > to work. Any ideas? I am at the point where I might just switch out the

    > drive

+ Reply to Thread