Stupid Question - Remote Agent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Stupid Question - Remote Agent - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi. This is maybe (as subject states) a stupid question. I was installing remote agents on the servers I'll backup, but, I didn't do it just like papers say, ie, I didn't enter the serial number and then click next ...

  1. Stupid Question - Remote Agent

    Hi. This is maybe (as subject states) a stupid question.
    I was installing remote agents on the servers I'll backup, but, I didn't do
    it just like papers say, ie, I didn't enter the serial number and then click
    next and select the target. I just enter all the numbers and then exit the
    setup program, and later, when I had more time I didn't enter any number,
    just click next and I went to the installation step. Is there any issue with
    this??

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Stupid Question - Remote Agent

    no, that's the way i have done it and will continue to do it. worked fine
    for me for several months

    Remember: there's no such thing as a stupid question, only stupid people.

    tony

    "Ricardo Pistarino" wrote in message
    > Hi. This is maybe (as subject states) a stupid question.
    > I was installing remote agents on the servers I'll backup, but, I didn't

    do
    > it just like papers say, ie, I didn't enter the serial number and then

    click
    > next and select the target. I just enter all the numbers and then exit the
    > setup program, and later, when I had more time I didn't enter any number,
    > just click next and I went to the installation step. Is there any issue

    with
    > this??
    >
    > Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread