Win NT4 to 2000 upgrade - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Win NT4 to 2000 upgrade - Veritas Backup Exec ; What happens to Backup Exec configuraion, settings, data, and catalogs when you upgrade your server to Windows 2000 server, I have IDR and all Backup Exec related configration on NT4 server and have to upgrade the server. Please advise...

  1. Win NT4 to 2000 upgrade

    What happens to Backup Exec configuraion, settings, data, and catalogs when
    you upgrade your server to Windows 2000 server, I have IDR and all Backup
    Exec related configration on NT4 server and have to upgrade the server. Please
    advise

  2. Re: Win NT4 to 2000 upgrade

    Unless you absolutely have to, I'd do a clean install of W2K, and then migrate all
    apps to it (jsut personal preference)

    backup the \backup exec\nt directory either to a hetwork share or on a special
    tape back.
    install W2k
    restore the BENT tree
    install on top

    You don't mention what version your currently have, so remember that you need a
    minimum of v8.0 to run on W2k, and also that v8.0 requires a purchased copy of the
    Remote Agent for all remote servers

    SKK wrote:

    > What happens to Backup Exec configuraion, settings, data, and catalogs when
    > you upgrade your server to Windows 2000 server, I have IDR and all Backup
    > Exec related configration on NT4 server and have to upgrade the server. Please
    > advise

+ Reply to Thread