Autoloader - Backupexec 7.3 - - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Autoloader - Backupexec 7.3 - - Veritas Backup Exec ; Alert - "Please insert overwritable media into the changer using the slot import command". I have two Media Sets Rotational - Monthly [Overwrite Protection Period 4Weeks Append Period 0Hours] Rotational - Weekly [Overwrite Protection Period 6Days Append Period 1Week] I ...

  1. Autoloader - Backupexec 7.3 -

    Alert - "Please insert overwritable media into the changer using the slot
    import command".

    I have two Media Sets

    Rotational - Monthly [Overwrite Protection Period 4Weeks
    Append Period 0Hours]
    Rotational - Weekly [Overwrite Protection Period 6Days
    Append Period 1Week]

    I tried running the inventory and tried to run the backup but the backup
    status goes into pending mode.

    What could be the problem?

    I tried the steps given in

  2. Re: Autoloader - Backupexec 7.3 -

    Do you do an inventory all when you swap magazines?

    Is this at the beginning of a job, or part way through?

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/230608.htm

    John Francis wrote:

    > Alert - "Please insert overwritable media into the changer using the slot
    > import command".
    >
    > I have two Media Sets
    >
    > Rotational - Monthly [Overwrite Protection Period 4Weeks
    > Append Period 0Hours]
    > Rotational - Weekly [Overwrite Protection Period 6Days
    > Append Period 1Week]
    >
    > I tried running the inventory and tried to run the backup but the backup
    > status goes into pending mode.
    >
    > What could be the problem?
    >
    > I tried the steps given in

  3. Re: Autoloader - Backupexec 7.3 -

    The backup used to run properly until last thursday onwards when it started
    failing. The job used to go in pending mode and I had to abort the job.

    Its little bit confusing in the User Media Sets what I have here and when
    I select my Rotational - Weekly I see that I have catridge labels as shown
    below

    P01MONSL3 5/17/01
    PO1MONSL3 3/7/00
    PO1THURSL1 5/19/01
    PO1THURSL6 6/8/00
    PO1THUSL6 3/3/00
    PO1THUSL6 1/14/00
    PO1TUESL4 1/26/00
    PO1TUESL4 3/1/00
    PO1TUESL4 5/19//01
    PO1WEDSL5 5/20/01

    and there are a set of catridge label in Rotatinal Monthly. So, I am little
    bit confused here on how to go about it.

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Do you do an inventory all when you swap magazines?
    >
    >Is this at the beginning of a job, or part way through?
    >
    >see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/230608.htm
    >
    >John Francis wrote:
    >
    >> Alert - "Please insert overwritable media into the changer using the slot
    >> import command".
    >>
    >> I have two Media Sets
    >>
    >> Rotational - Monthly [Overwrite Protection Period 4Weeks
    >> Append Period 0Hours]
    >> Rotational - Weekly [Overwrite Protection Period 6Days
    >> Append Period 1Week]
    >>
    >> I tried running the inventory and tried to run the backup but the backup
    >> status goes into pending mode.
    >>
    >> What could be the problem?
    >>
    >> I tried the steps given in

  4. Re: Autoloader - Backupexec 7.3 -

    Again, is this at the beginning of the job - before any data iw written to tape,
    or partway through?

    If it's after a while, sounds like the tape is filling up and BENT is not moving
    to another tape.
    That's why I asked if you do an inventory all when you swap magazines

    john wrote:

    > The backup used to run properly until last Thursday onwards when it started
    > failing. The job used to go in pending mode and I had to abort the job.
    >
    > Its little bit confusing in the User Media Sets what I have here and when
    > I select my Rotational - Weekly I see that I have catridge labels as shown
    > below
    >
    > P01MONSL3 5/17/01
    > PO1MONSL3 3/7/00
    > PO1THURSL1 5/19/01
    > PO1THURSL6 6/8/00
    > PO1THUSL6 3/3/00
    > PO1THUSL6 1/14/00
    > PO1TUESL4 1/26/00
    > PO1TUESL4 3/1/00
    > PO1TUESL4 5/19//01
    > PO1WEDSL5 5/20/01
    >
    > and there are a set of catridge label in Rotatinal Monthly. So, I am little
    > bit confused here on how to go about it.
    >
    > Ken Putnam wrote:
    > >Do you do an inventory all when you swap magazines?
    > >
    > >Is this at the beginning of a job, or part way through?
    > >
    > >see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/230608.htm
    > >
    > >John Francis wrote:
    > >
    > >> Alert - "Please insert overwritable media into the changer using the slot
    > >> import command".
    > >>
    > >> I have two Media Sets
    > >>
    > >> Rotational - Monthly [Overwrite Protection Period 4Weeks
    > >> Append Period 0Hours]
    > >> Rotational - Weekly [Overwrite Protection Period 6Days
    > >> Append Period 1Week]
    > >>
    > >> I tried running the inventory and tried to run the backup but the backup
    > >> status goes into pending mode.
    > >>
    > >> What could be the problem?
    > >>
    > >> I tried the steps given in

+ Reply to Thread