Can't see the agents from Remote Admin - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Can't see the agents from Remote Admin - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi: I used to see (in the Backup Selection tab) every SQL and Exchange on the network from my workstation (I have remote administrator installed running on my Win2k Pro). Recently , people from Veritas ask me to delete the ...

  1. Can't see the agents from Remote Admin

    Hi:

    I used to see (in the Backup Selection tab) every SQL and Exchange on
    the network from my workstation (I have remote administrator installed
    running on my Win2k Pro). Recently , people from Veritas ask me to delete
    the \program files\veritas\backup exec\nt\data\BEWINUI.UNI file and restart
    the services to solve another issue. After this.... I can no longer see the
    sql / exchange on servers, just the one installed on the backup exec server.

    Any idea?

    TIA.

  2. Re: Can't see the agents from Remote Admin

    That makes no sense at all, since the file you deleted only holds cached
    user-id/password info

    Can you see the SQL servers through Enterprise manager on the workstation, can
    you see all the exchange servers through Exchange Admin?

    Have you uninstalled, booted and re-installle the Remote Admin program?

    Ricardo Pistarino wrote:

    > Hi:
    >
    > I used to see (in the Backup Selection tab) every SQL and Exchange on
    > the network from my workstation (I have remote administrator installed
    > running on my Win2k Pro). Recently , people from Veritas ask me to delete
    > the \program files\veritas\backup exec\nt\data\BEWINUI.UNI file and restart
    > the services to solve another issue. After this.... I can no longer see the
    > sql / exchange on servers, just the one installed on the backup exec server.
    >
    > Any idea?
    >
    > TIA.

  3. Re: Can't see the agents from Remote Admin

    I've tried reinstalling Remote Admin, and booting, but no luck at all. I
    have Exchange Admin on my workstation and I could see every server, I have
    no longer SQL Enterprise manager on my workstation, but, before that change
    I was able to see everything (I know... it makes no sense).

    ?

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > That makes no sense at all, since the file you deleted only holds cached
    > user-id/password info
    >
    > Can you see the SQL servers through Enterprise manager on the workstation,

    can
    > you see all the exchange servers through Exchange Admin?
    >
    > Have you uninstalled, booted and re-installle the Remote Admin program?
    >
    > Ricardo Pistarino wrote:
    >
    > > Hi:
    > >
    > > I used to see (in the Backup Selection tab) every SQL and Exchange

    on
    > > the network from my workstation (I have remote administrator installed
    > > running on my Win2k Pro). Recently , people from Veritas ask me to

    delete
    > > the \program files\veritas\backup exec\nt\data\BEWINUI.UNI file and

    restart
    > > the services to solve another issue. After this.... I can no longer see

    the
    > > sql / exchange on servers, just the one installed on the backup exec

    server.

    > > Any idea?
    > >
    > > TIA.

  4. Re: Can't see the agents from Remote Admin

    'Fraid you're gonna have to talk to Veritas for this one, unless somebody else
    jumps in.

    If Veritas was the one that told youi to delete the file,.I'd call back on the
    same incident number

    Ricardo Pistarino wrote:

    > I've tried reinstalling Remote Admin, and booting, but no luck at all. I
    > have Exchange Admin on my workstation and I could see every server, I have
    > no longer SQL Enterprise manager on my workstation, but, before that change
    > I was able to see everything (I know... it makes no sense).
    >
    > ?
    >
    > "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > > That makes no sense at all, since the file you deleted only holds cached
    > > user-id/password info
    > >
    > > Can you see the SQL servers through Enterprise manager on the workstation,

    > can
    > > you see all the exchange servers through Exchange Admin?
    > >
    > > Have you uninstalled, booted and re-installle the Remote Admin program?
    > >
    > > Ricardo Pistarino wrote:
    > >
    > > > Hi:
    > > >
    > > > I used to see (in the Backup Selection tab) every SQL and Exchange

    > on
    > > > the network from my workstation (I have remote administrator installed
    > > > running on my Win2k Pro). Recently , people from Veritas ask me to

    > delete
    > > > the \program files\veritas\backup exec\nt\data\BEWINUI.UNI file and

    > restart
    > > > the services to solve another issue. After this.... I can no longer see

    > the
    > > > sql / exchange on servers, just the one installed on the backup exec

    > server.
    > > >
    > > > Any idea?
    > > >
    > > > TIA.

+ Reply to Thread