Understanding Error Message??? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Understanding Error Message??? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Can someone please help me understand this error message so that I may figure out how to solve my problem... Error = The media provided to continue the backup already contains data from one or more sets created durring this ...

  1. Understanding Error Message???

    Can someone please help me understand this error message so that I may
    figure out how to solve my problem...

    Error = The media provided to continue the backup already contains data from
    one or more sets created durring this operation. The operation cannot
    continue.

    I get this every week on the same day. I'm running BENT 8.0 with a 5 tape
    rotation (one tape for every day of the week). This error always seems to
    pop up on Thursday morning after the Wednesday backup.

    Any help is GREATLY appriciated... Thanks..

  2. Re: Understanding Error Message???

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/229921.htm

    MikeD wrote:

    > Can someone please help me understand this error message so that I may
    > figure out how to solve my problem...
    >
    > Error = The media provided to continue the backup already contains data from
    > one or more sets created durring this operation. The operation cannot
    > continue.
    >
    > I get this every week on the same day. I'm running BENT 8.0 with a 5 tape
    > rotation (one tape for every day of the week). This error always seems to
    > pop up on Thursday morning after the Wednesday backup.
    >
    > Any help is GREATLY appriciated... Thanks..

  3. Re: Understanding Error Message???

    Thanks Ken...

    "Ken Putnam" wrote in message
    > see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/229921.htm
    >
    > MikeD wrote:
    >
    > > Can someone please help me understand this error message so that I may
    > > figure out how to solve my problem...
    > >
    > > Error = The media provided to continue the backup already contains data

    from
    > > one or more sets created durring this operation. The operation cannot
    > > continue.
    > >
    > > I get this every week on the same day. I'm running BENT 8.0 with a 5

    tape
    > > rotation (one tape for every day of the week). This error always seems

    > > pop up on Thursday morning after the Wednesday backup.
    > >
    > > Any help is GREATLY appriciated... Thanks..

+ Reply to Thread