The database server is not responding. Backup set aborted. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on The database server is not responding. Backup set aborted. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi. I'm using BE 8.5 (3571) and SQL6/7 agent. When I try to backup one DB from a server that's running Backup Exec Remote Agent I get that error. If I stop the service, everything goes Ok (but slower, as ...

  1. The database server is not responding. Backup set aborted.

    Hi.
    I'm using BE 8.5 (3571) and SQL6/7 agent. When I try to backup one DB from a
    server that's running Backup Exec Remote Agent I get that error. If I stop
    the service, everything goes Ok (but slower, as expected).

    Any help? TIA

  2. Re: The database server is not responding. Backup set aborted.

    I'm having the same problem with 8.5 on Windows 2000. Tech support hasn't
    been able to help at all. I also tried a registry hack from this newsgroup
    which didn't work. It's been going on for over 2 weeks and I really need
    a solution!

    Also, does anyone know if moving the catalog files is OK? The C: drive of
    my server is almost full and I was hoping to put them on d:

    Thanks

    "Ricardo Pistarino" wrote:
    >Hi.
    >I'm using BE 8.5 (3571) and SQL6/7 agent. When I try to backup one DB from

    >server that's running Backup Exec Remote Agent I get that error. If I stop
    >the service, everything goes Ok (but slower, as expected).
    >
    >Any help? TIA

  3. Re: The database server is not responding. Backup set aborted.

    says it's for 6.11, but will work for v7 or v8 as well

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191742.htm

    Robin Morris wrote:

    > I'm having the same problem with 8.5 on Windows 2000. Tech support hasn't
    > been able to help at all. I also tried a registry hack from this newsgroup
    > which didn't work. It's been going on for over 2 weeks and I really need
    > a solution!
    >
    > Also, does anyone know if moving the catalog files is OK? The C: drive of
    > my server is almost full and I was hoping to put them on d:
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > "Ricardo Pistarino" wrote:
    > >Hi.
    > >I'm using BE 8.5 (3571) and SQL6/7 agent. When I try to backup one DB from

    > >server that's running Backup Exec Remote Agent I get that error. If I stop
    > >the service, everything goes Ok (but slower, as expected).
    > >
    > >Any help? TIA

  4. Re: The database server is not responding. Backup set aborted.

    Just refreshing....

    "Ricardo Pistarino" wrote in message
    > Hi.
    > I'm using BE 8.5 (3571) and SQL6/7 agent. When I try to backup one DB from

    > server that's running Backup Exec Remote Agent I get that error. If I stop
    > the service, everything goes Ok (but slower, as expected).
    >
    > Any help? TIA

  5. Re: The database server is not responding. Backup set aborted.

    I don't know if this will help anyone but it fixed my problems.

    The two SQL servers that were having this issue were put behind a PIX on
    a secured segment of the network. I installed a 2nd NIC into my backup server
    and hooked it into that segment and the problem resolved itself.

    "Robin Morris" wrote:

    >I'm having the same problem with 8.5 on Windows 2000. Tech support hasn't
    >been able to help at all. I also tried a registry hack from this newsgroup
    >which didn't work. It's been going on for over 2 weeks and I really need
    >a solution!
    >
    >Also, does anyone know if moving the catalog files is OK? The C: drive

    of
    >my server is almost full and I was hoping to put them on d:
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >"Ricardo Pistarino" wrote:
    >>Hi.
    >>I'm using BE 8.5 (3571) and SQL6/7 agent. When I try to backup one DB from

    >>server that's running Backup Exec Remote Agent I get that error. If I stop
    >>the service, everything goes Ok (but slower, as expected).
    >>
    >>Any help? TIA

+ Reply to Thread