1st backup ok - 2nd fails with "no admin rights"? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on 1st backup ok - 2nd fails with "no admin rights"? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Thanks for reading. We are using BE8.5 on a Win2k server. We have two types of backup: - a full backup (works perfect ok) - a differential (fails on some items - see below) There are MSSQL and ORACLE DBs ...

  1. 1st backup ok - 2nd fails with "no admin rights"?

    Thanks for reading.

    We are using BE8.5 on a Win2k server. We have two types of backup:
    - a full backup (works perfect ok)
    - a differential (fails on some items - see below)

    There are MSSQL and ORACLE DBs backed up, as well as our Exchange server.
    With the full backup, everything is ok, but the diff I get:
    ----------------------------------
    OFO: Warning: Job submitted with 'Use Open File Option if available'
    enabled;
    however, these components were not installed on target machine
    or the Backup Exec service account does not have administrator rights.

    Performing Remote Agent backup

    Media Name: "Differenz MO 21.05.2001 22:48:06 "
    Backup of "\\MTBLANC\C$ "
    Backup set #6 on storage media #1
    Backup set description: "Differenz MONTAG"
    Backup Type: DIFFERENTIAL - Changed Files
    Backup started on 21.05.2001 at 23:01:59 .
    Access denied to directory \Documents and Settings\Administrator.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Unable to open the item \Documents and Settings\Administrator - skipped.
    Access Denied. Can not backup directory \Documents and
    Settings\Administrator and its subdirectories.
    ---------------------------------
    The backup of Exchange fails with
    ----------------------------------
    Unable to attach to \\MTBLANC\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
    The device cannot be found.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Unable to attach to \\MTBLANC\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    ----------------------------------

    Any idea why? Thanks!

    Bernd Maierhofer

  2. Re: 1st backup ok - 2nd fails with "no admin rights"?

    Hey,
    The user you log in as in BENT may not have administrave rights on that server
    and you need thoses rights to backup.

    "Bernd Maierhofer" wrote:
    >Thanks for reading.
    >
    >We are using BE8.5 on a Win2k server. We have two types of backup:
    >- a full backup (works perfect ok)
    >- a differential (fails on some items - see below)
    >
    >There are MSSQL and ORACLE DBs backed up, as well as our Exchange server.
    >With the full backup, everything is ok, but the diff I get:
    >----------------------------------
    >OFO: Warning: Job submitted with 'Use Open File Option if available'
    >enabled;
    >however, these components were not installed on target machine
    >or the Backup Exec service account does not have administrator rights.
    >
    >Performing Remote Agent backup
    >
    >Media Name: "Differenz MO 21.05.2001 22:48:06 "
    >Backup of "\\MTBLANC\C$ "
    >Backup set #6 on storage media #1
    >Backup set description: "Differenz MONTAG"
    >Backup Type: DIFFERENTIAL - Changed Files
    >Backup started on 21.05.2001 at 23:01:59 .
    >Access denied to directory \Documents and Settings\Administrator.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >Unable to open the item \Documents and Settings\Administrator - skipped.
    >Access Denied. Can not backup directory \Documents and
    >Settings\Administrator and its subdirectories.
    >---------------------------------
    >The backup of Exchange fails with
    >----------------------------------
    >Unable to attach to \\MTBLANC\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
    >The device cannot be found.
    >
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >Unable to attach to \\MTBLANC\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >----------------------------------
    >
    >Any idea why? Thanks!
    >
    >Bernd Maierhofer

  3. Re: 1st backup ok - 2nd fails with "no admin rights"?

    No that is not the reason - the 1st backup succeeds. And BENT has admin
    rights anyway.
    Anothe one?

    Bernd

    "Joel MacDonald" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > Hey,
    > The user you log in as in BENT may not have administrave rights on that

    server
    > and you need thoses rights to backup.
    >

    > "Bernd Maierhofer" wrote:
    > >Thanks for reading.
    > >
    > >We are using BE8.5 on a Win2k server. We have two types of backup:
    > >- a full backup (works perfect ok)
    > >- a differential (fails on some items - see below)
    > >
    > >There are MSSQL and ORACLE DBs backed up, as well as our Exchange server.
    > >With the full backup, everything is ok, but the diff I get:
    > >----------------------------------
    > >OFO: Warning: Job submitted with 'Use Open File Option if available'
    > >enabled;
    > >however, these components were not installed on target machine
    > >or the Backup Exec service account does not have administrator rights.
    > >
    > >Performing Remote Agent backup
    > >
    > >Media Name: "Differenz MO 21.05.2001 22:48:06 "
    > >Backup of "\\MTBLANC\C$ "
    > >Backup set #6 on storage media #1
    > >Backup set description: "Differenz MONTAG"
    > >Backup Type: DIFFERENTIAL - Changed Files
    > >Backup started on 21.05.2001 at 23:01:59 .
    > >Access denied to directory \Documents and Settings\Administrator.
    > >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > >Unable to open the item \Documents and Settings\Administrator - skipped.
    > >Access Denied. Can not backup directory \Documents and
    > >Settings\Administrator and its subdirectories.
    > >---------------------------------
    > >The backup of Exchange fails with
    > >Unable to attach to \\MTBLANC\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
    > >The device cannot be found.
    > >
    > >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > >Unable to attach to \\MTBLANC\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes.
    > >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > >
    > >Any idea why? Thanks!
    > >
    > >Bernd Maierhofer

+ Reply to Thread