Backup to another harddrive - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup to another harddrive - Veritas Backup Exec ; "Agustin Chernitsky" wrote: >Hi, > > I have a spare hard drive and I would like to perform backups there. >What software from veritas do you recomend? > >This will backup a network with the server and the workstations. > ...

  1. Re: Backup to another harddrive

    "Agustin Chernitsky" wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    > I have a spare hard drive and I would like to perform backups there.
    >What software from veritas do you recomend?
    >
    >This will backup a network with the server and the workstations.
    >
    >--
    >Thanks,
    >
    >Agustin Chernitsky

    Hi Agustin,

    I am wondering the same thing about v8.5 of Backup Exec. See my post entitled
    "BENT v8.5". The last version I trialed did not backup up to disk at all,
    but I forget which version it was that I trialed.

    Scott Harder

  2. Backup to another harddrive

    Hi,

    I have a spare hard drive and I would like to perform backups there.
    What software from veritas do you recomend?

    This will backup a network with the server and the workstations.

    --
    Thanks,

    Agustin Chernitsky

  3. Re: Backup to another harddrive

    Yes... I did download the latest version (yesterday) but I canīt find how.

    Do you know of a tape drive emulator? Something that would simulate a tape
    drive but write to the disk.... thatīs what I can think of....

    "Scott Harder" wrote in message

    > "Agustin Chernitsky" wrote:
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > > I have a spare hard drive and I would like to perform backups there.
    > >What software from veritas do you recomend?
    > >
    > >This will backup a network with the server and the workstations.
    > >
    > >--
    > >Thanks,
    > >
    > >Agustin Chernitsky
    > >

    > Hi Agustin,
    >
    > I am wondering the same thing about v8.5 of Backup Exec. See my post

    entitled
    > "BENT v8.5". The last version I trialed did not backup up to disk at all,
    > but I forget which version it was that I trialed.
    >
    > Scott Harder

  4. Re: Backup to another harddrive

    "Agustin Chernitsky" wrote:
    >Yes... I did download the latest version (yesterday) but I canīt find how.
    >
    >Do you know of a tape drive emulator? Something that would simulate a tape
    >drive but write to the disk.... thatīs what I can think of....
    >
    >"Scott Harder" wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Agustin Chernitsky" wrote:
    >> >Hi,
    >> >
    >> > I have a spare hard drive and I would like to perform backups there.
    >> >What software from veritas do you recomend?
    >> >
    >> >This will backup a network with the server and the workstations.
    >> >
    >> >--
    >> >Thanks,
    >> >
    >> >Agustin Chernitsky
    >> >

    >> Hi Agustin,
    >>
    >> I am wondering the same thing about v8.5 of Backup Exec. See my post

    >entitled
    >> "BENT v8.5". The last version I trialed did not backup up to disk at

    all,
    >> but I forget which version it was that I trialed.
    >>
    >> Scott Harder

    I did a search of the archives of this group and someone posted that if you
    have Win2K, NT Backup will now backup to disk. I'm going to go ahead and
    use that. We'll backup to disk and then copy the backup files to tape about
    once a month. We don't have any users here at night, so we have no open
    file concerns, etc.. This should work well once we get the permissions set
    up and we don't have to put out major bucks for a backup program!

    Scott

  5. Re: Backup to another harddrive

    "Agustin Chernitsky" wrote:
    >Do you mean that Win2K has a built in backup utility??

    Used to be called "NT Backup", but is now just "Backup" under Win2k. Check
    under Accessories.... System Tools. Not full featured (can't backup open
    files, etc.), but I think will do the job for our purposes.

    Scott

  6. Re: Backup to another harddrive

    > "Agustin Chernitsky" wrote:
    > >Yes... I did download the latest version (yesterday) but I canīt find

    how.

    > >Do you know of a tape drive emulator? Something that would simulate a

    tape
    > >drive but write to the disk.... thatīs what I can think of....
    > >
    > >"Scott Harder" wrote in message

    there.

    > >> Hi Agustin,
    > >>
    > >> I am wondering the same thing about v8.5 of Backup Exec. See my post

    > >entitled
    > >> "BENT v8.5". The last version I trialed did not backup up to disk at

    > all,
    > >> but I forget which version it was that I trialed.
    > >>
    > >> Scott Harder

    > I did a search of the archives of this group and someone posted that if

    you
    > have Win2K, NT Backup will now backup to disk. I'm going to go ahead and
    > use that. We'll backup to disk and then copy the backup files to tape

    about
    > once a month. We don't have any users here at night, so we have no open
    > file concerns, etc.. This should work well once we get the permissions

    set
    > up and we don't have to put out major bucks for a backup program!
    >
    > Scott

+ Reply to Thread