BENT 7.3 with Windows 2000? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BENT 7.3 with Windows 2000? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I was wondering: I currently run BENT 7.3 in my NT domain. I have an autochanger on one of my BDCs. I would like to begin migration to Windows 2000 server, however the server with my autochanger must remain NT ...

  1. BENT 7.3 with Windows 2000?

    I was wondering:
    I currently run BENT 7.3 in my NT domain. I have an autochanger on one of
    my BDCs.
    I would like to begin migration to Windows 2000 server, however the server
    with my autochanger must remain NT (for a while, at least).
    Is it possible to back up Windows 2000 servers with BENT 7.3?
    If not, what are alternatives?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: BENT 7.3 with Windows 2000?

    "Patrick Jenkins" wrote:

    >I was wondering:
    >I currently run BENT 7.3 in my NT domain. I have an autochanger on one

    of
    >my BDCs.
    >I would like to begin migration to Windows 2000 server, however the server
    >with my autochanger must remain NT (for a while, at least).
    >Is it possible to back up Windows 2000 servers with BENT 7.3?
    >If not, what are alternatives?
    >
    >Thanks!

    The answer is no. The 7.3 agent will not load to a Win2000 box.
    Ver 8.x runnung on NT will not backup Win 2000 system state.

    Alternativesifferent backup software?
    Local NT/2000 backup program?

+ Reply to Thread