BENT v8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BENT v8.5 - Veritas Backup Exec ; Does v8.5 of Backup Exec for WinNT/2000 Server support backup to disk? The last time I trialed this product it would only backup to tape devices, but I forget what version it was. We want to install it on a ...

  1. BENT v8.5

    Does v8.5 of Backup Exec for WinNT/2000 Server support backup to disk? The
    last time I trialed this product it would only backup to tape devices, but
    I forget what version it was.

    We want to install it on a machine that we will use specifically for backup
    purposes and then back up data from other servers (in other domains, too)
    to the hard disks on the backup machine. We would then back up to tape from
    the backup server about once a month for DR. I'm having a real hard time
    finding something that will backup to disk....

    TIA,

    Scott Harder
    ASPG, Inc.

  2. Re: BENT v8.5

    "Scott Harder" wrote:

    >Does v8.5 of Backup Exec for WinNT/2000 Server support backup to disk?

    The
    >last time I trialed this product it would only backup to tape devices, but
    >I forget what version it was.
    >
    >We want to install it on a machine that we will use specifically for backup
    >purposes and then back up data from other servers (in other domains, too)
    >to the hard disks on the backup machine. We would then back up to tape

    from
    >the backup server about once a month for DR. I'm having a real hard time
    >finding something that will backup to disk....
    >
    >TIA,
    >
    >Scott Harder
    >ASPG, Inc.

    Hi All,

    I just did a search and found my last post from when I did the trial. Everyone
    said that v8.5 and below *do not* back up to disk and the question seemed
    to remain as to whether it was going to be included in v8.6. Any change
    in this status?

    Thanks,
    Scott

+ Reply to Thread