Backup failures & error message - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup failures & error message - Veritas Backup Exec ; We're trying to run a backup job on Backup Exec for win 2000 and it keeps failing with the following message in the logs: OFO: Unable to get minimum quiet time window for physical volume OFO: Initialization error on "C:" ...

  1. Backup failures & error message

    We're trying to run a backup job on Backup Exec for win 2000 and it keeps
    failing with the following message in the logs:

    OFO: Unable to get minimum quiet time window for physical volume
    OFO: Initialization error on "C:"

    Any ideas as to reasons why we keep getting it ? What is the minimum quiet
    time window ?

    Regards
    Jeff Richardson
    Adept Systems (Hull) Ltd

  2. Re: Backup failures & error message

    See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/194940.htm
    and http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190740.htm

    Jeff Richardson wrote:

    > We're trying to run a backup job on Backup Exec for win 2000 and it keeps
    > failing with the following message in the logs:
    >
    > OFO: Unable to get minimum quiet time window for physical volume
    > OFO: Initialization error on "C:"
    >
    > Any ideas as to reasons why we keep getting it ? What is the minimum quiet
    > time window ?
    >
    > Regards
    > Jeff Richardson
    > Adept Systems (Hull) Ltd