Drive Not Responding: Exchange and BENT 7.3 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Drive Not Responding: Exchange and BENT 7.3 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am getting 'Drive not responding. Backup aborted' messages at the Information Store stasge when I run a Normal backup on a Windows NT 4 SP6a Exchange 5.5 with sp3 server using BENT 7.3. This job has worked fine in ...

  1. Drive Not Responding: Exchange and BENT 7.3

    I am getting 'Drive not responding. Backup aborted' messages at the Information
    Store stasge when I run a Normal backup on a Windows NT 4 SP6a Exchange 5.5
    with sp3 server using BENT 7.3. This job has worked fine in the past and
    the only thing that has changed really is the size of the Information Store.

    I have looked through the responses in this Knowledge base and also tried
    the things in the Technical Articles e.g. EDBBCL1.DLL matching, restarting
    the servers, checking security permissions, there are no bad page Error messages
    in the Exchange event log.

    Has anyone got a definitive answer? - apart from the usual 'Veritas are hopeless'
    response that really doesn't help!!

    MH

  2. Re: Drive Not Responding: Exchange and BENT 7.3

    Looks like I'm not the only one fighting through this mess. Mine started
    doing this about the sametime that your systems seems to have done as well.
    The only difference is that I use BENT 7.2 and can only get a successful
    backup if I completely restart the backup server. Weird.

    "Matt H" wrote in message news:3b08cc2b$1@hronntp01....

    > I am getting 'Drive not responding. Backup aborted' messages at the

    Information
    > Store stasge when I run a Normal backup on a Windows NT 4 SP6a Exchange

    5.5
    > with sp3 server using BENT 7.3. This job has worked fine in the past and
    > the only thing that has changed really is the size of the Information

    Store.

    > I have looked through the responses in this Knowledge base and also tried
    > the things in the Technical Articles e.g. EDBBCL1.DLL matching, restarting
    > the servers, checking security permissions, there are no bad page Error

    messages
    > in the Exchange event log.
    >
    > Has anyone got a definitive answer? - apart from the usual 'Veritas are

    hopeless'
    > response that really doesn't help!!
    >
    > MH

+ Reply to Thread