I installed the trial version of Backup Exec on
windows 2000 and rebooted. It came up to the login dialog box
but the keyboard and mouse were dead. The keaboard worked fine
in BIOS but died as soon as windows loaded.
I tried to repair Windows by using a cd and using the setup/repair
option but this only complicated problems. It replaced a bunch of files
but when it got to asking me to accept the licence agreement,
the keyboard was dead. Now' it's stuck at that point.

I moved the hard drive to another computer and tried booting off of it
there - no luck.

I read a few MS Knowledgebase articles and have tried the following:
Replaced C:\WinNT\system32\drivers\kbdhid.sys with i8042prt.sys
Deleted C:\WinNT\system32\drivers\Otman5.sys
Replaced C:\WinNT\system32\Config\system with C:\WinNT\repair\system.bak

I cannot look at the registry from the repair console.
What else can I try? Help!
-Carl