upgrade question - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on upgrade question - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have Backup Exec 7.3 Server with the OFO option, IDR option, & Exchange option. I have one NT Server i run this on. I am going to upgrade it to Win2K Server. Am I correct in guessing I only ...

  1. upgrade question

    I have Backup Exec 7.3 Server with the OFO option, IDR option, & Exchange
    option. I have one NT Server i run this on. I am going to upgrade it to
    Win2K Server. Am I correct in guessing I only need a BE7 -> BE8 Server upgrade
    & it will automatically upgrade my existing option licenses?

  2. Re: upgrade question

    ok, i was a bit off... (i'm doing this for my father when i visit).

    he has a multi-server 7.3 license, he has multiple exchange licenses, a single
    IDR license, & a single OFO license. He backs up 2 NT Servers, 1 running
    Exchange, & only 1 of which I'm upgrading to Win2K. He got the multiple
    Exchange licenses when Veritas changed licensing terms with some upgrade,
    as they always do.

    He'll soon have 1 Win2K server, 1 NT Server. Will a simple multi-server
    to server edition upgrade (SBE-NTSR-0040)
    be sufficient? It's my understanding that the IDR/OFO/Exchange should be
    upgraded automatically.

    thanks

+ Reply to Thread