Backup failure - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup failure - Veritas Backup Exec ; My yesterday Normal full backup failed. Upon checking the log file, below is the error message. However, the hard disk is 7.3GB and the space left is 3.38GB. I do not undrstand why the backup fails in lacking of space. ...

  1. Backup failure

    My yesterday Normal full backup failed. Upon checking the log file, below
    is the error message. However, the hard disk is 7.3GB and the space left
    is 3.38GB. I do not undrstand why the backup fails in lacking of space.
    Can anyone tell me how to figure out this.

    OFO: Not enough disk space on device running OFO to create or increment the
    static volume.

    A minimum of 30 MB of available disk space to start the OFO operation is
    needed; during the backup, 10 percent of the capacity of the disk must be
    free.

    OFO: Error during backup. Set has been aborted.

    Thanks,

    Ray

  2. Re: Backup failure

    Run the OFO wizard and verify where the static volume is being created. It
    might not be on the physical volume that you think it is.

    Ray wrote:

    > My yesterday Normal full backup failed. Upon checking the log file, below
    > is the error message. However, the hard disk is 7.3GB and the space left
    > is 3.38GB. I do not undrstand why the backup fails in lacking of space.
    > Can anyone tell me how to figure out this.
    >
    > OFO: Not enough disk space on device running OFO to create or increment the
    > static volume.
    >
    > A minimum of 30 MB of available disk space to start the OFO operation is
    > needed; during the backup, 10 percent of the capacity of the disk must be
    > free.
    >
    > OFO: Error during backup. Set has been aborted.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ray

+ Reply to Thread