Exchange 5.5 on Win2k Server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange 5.5 on Win2k Server - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have the demo 8.5 Back up exec with the exchange (sp4)5.5 backup module running on a win2k server(sp2). After running fine for a week or two, this is the error I get when I try to start a backup: ...

  1. Exchange 5.5 on Win2k Server

    I have the demo 8.5 Back up exec with the exchange (sp4)5.5 backup module
    running on a win2k server(sp2). After running fine for a week or two,
    this is the error I get when I try to start a backup:
    Launched job failed to run. Return error code = 0X0, 0X5

    Tried rebooting, new tapes, reinstalled product, tested the sony
    4mm dat drive on another system, searched veritas data base,
    all to no avail.

    TIA,
    --
    Rizloh
    rizloh@hotmail.com

  2. Re: Exchange 5.5 on Win2k Server

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/196700.htm

    When you re-installed, did you uninstall, delete the install directory,
    re-install, or did you just re-install in top of the existing code?

    Rizloh wrote:

    > I have the demo 8.5 Back up exec with the exchange (sp4)5.5 backup module
    > running on a win2k server(sp2). After running fine for a week or two,
    > this is the error I get when I try to start a backup:
    > Launched job failed to run. Return error code = 0X0, 0X5
    >
    > Tried rebooting, new tapes, reinstalled product, tested the sony
    > 4mm dat drive on another system, searched veritas data base,
    > all to no avail.
    >
    > TIA,
    > --
    > Rizloh