Tapes Inventory as Cleaning Media - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Tapes Inventory as Cleaning Media - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am having a strange problem. I am using 2 ADIC FastStor7 Autoloaders with Quantum DLT8000 drives in them, with Backup Exec 8.5 build 3572. Lately when I do an inventory, several tapes, including brand new ones, inventory as "Cleaning ...

  1. Tapes Inventory as Cleaning Media

    I am having a strange problem. I am using 2 ADIC FastStor7 Autoloaders with
    Quantum DLT8000 drives in them, with Backup Exec 8.5 build 3572. Lately
    when I do an inventory, several tapes, including brand new ones, inventory
    as "Cleaning Media". I have loaded the latest firmware updates for the drives,
    and have also read Technote ID 190522, which did not help. The slots are
    NOT checked to be "cleaning slots". I have been using Backup Exec for over
    5 years, and this is the first problem I have had with it. I clean my tape
    drive daily with cleaning tapes, and the tapes work fine if I use NTBackup.

    Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

  2. Re: Tapes Inventory as Cleaning Media

    When we have had this problem, I go to the media tab all media and the tape
    is usually listed twice once as a cleaning media
    and once as you would expect, I just delete the entry that is labeled clean
    media. I haven not figured out why this happens sometimes

    "D George" wrote:

    >I am having a strange problem. I am using 2 ADIC FastStor7 Autoloaders

    with
    >Quantum DLT8000 drives in them, with Backup Exec 8.5 build 3572. Lately
    >when I do an inventory, several tapes, including brand new ones, inventory
    >as "Cleaning Media". I have loaded the latest firmware updates for the

    drives,
    >and have also read Technote ID 190522, which did not help. The slots are
    >NOT checked to be "cleaning slots". I have been using Backup Exec for over
    >5 years, and this is the first problem I have had with it. I clean my tape
    >drive daily with cleaning tapes, and the tapes work fine if I use NTBackup.
    >

    >Any help that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread