Backup Exec licensing question - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Backup Exec licensing question - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am new to Backup Exec and new to the company I am with. We are in the process of implementing Backup Exec 8.5 for Win NT/2K. We will be backing up several servers. The product we have is Backup ...

  1. Backup Exec licensing question

    I am new to Backup Exec and new to the company I am with. We are in the process
    of implementing Backup Exec 8.5 for Win NT/2K. We will be backing up several
    servers.

    The product we have is Backup Exec for NT/2000, Single Server to Server Family
    upgrade. (VIP SKU: BENTL027850), 1 License.

    I understand that remote servers will need a Remote Agent license to work.
    It also seems we will need an additional license for Exchange Server Agent.

    Can anyone confirm this, and/or give me an idea of what the license we already
    have allows? Veritas themselves hasn't been much help. Thanks.

  2. Re: Backup Exec licensing question

    The license you have will allow you to backup the server that BENT is installed on.

    And yes, you need a separate copy of the Remote Agent for each remote server. If
    the remote server is also a database server (SQL/Oracle/Exchange) you will need a
    separate license for each of them that you want to backup.

    Sean Barnes wrote:

    > I am new to Backup Exec and new to the company I am with. We are in the process
    > of implementing Backup Exec 8.5 for Win NT/2K. We will be backing up several
    > servers.
    >
    > The product we have is Backup Exec for NT/2000, Single Server to Server Family
    > upgrade. (VIP SKU: BENTL027850), 1 License.
    >
    > I understand that remote servers will need a Remote Agent license to work.
    > It also seems we will need an additional license for Exchange Server Agent.
    >
    > Can anyone confirm this, and/or give me an idea of what the license we already
    > have allows? Veritas themselves hasn't been much help. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread