BE 8.5 with HP AutoLoader 24x6 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 8.5 with HP AutoLoader 24x6 - Veritas Backup Exec ; I just installed BackupExec Adv Server 8.5 and am having troubles with it using my HP 24x6 autoloader. The driver is loaded correctly, however it doesn't show the device under the "changers", it only shows it under "stand-alone" drives. I ...

  1. BE 8.5 with HP AutoLoader 24x6

    I just installed BackupExec Adv Server 8.5 and am having troubles with it
    using my HP 24x6 autoloader. The driver is loaded correctly, however it
    doesn't show the device under the "changers", it only shows it under "stand-alone"
    drives. I don't mind it being there, however it won't read any of the media
    in the auto-loader.

    Any help would be great!

    -Mark Stachowicz
    mark.stachowicz@gartner.com

  2. Re: BE 8.5 with HP AutoLoader 24x6

    Use the device configuration wizard and drag the driver to the changer.

    HTH
    Bernd Maierhofer
    "Mark Stachowicz" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > I just installed BackupExec Adv Server 8.5 and am having troubles with it
    > using my HP 24x6 autoloader. The driver is loaded correctly, however it
    > doesn't show the device under the "changers", it only shows it under

    "stand-alone"
    > drives. I don't mind it being there, however it won't read any of the

    media
    > in the auto-loader.
    >
    > Any help would be great!
    >
    > -Mark Stachowicz
    > mark.stachowicz@gartner.com

  3. Re: BE 8.5 with HP AutoLoader 24x6

    I don't have a "changer" icon within the device configuration wizard. There
    is only a"stand-alone" icon.

    Any other suggestions?

    -Thanks --Mark Stachowicz

    "Bernd Maierhofer" wrote:
    >Use the device configuration wizard and drag the driver to the changer.
    >
    >HTH
    >Bernd Maierhofer
    >"Mark Stachowicz" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    >>
    >> I just installed BackupExec Adv Server 8.5 and am having troubles with

    it
    >> using my HP 24x6 autoloader. The driver is loaded correctly, however

    it
    >> doesn't show the device under the "changers", it only shows it under

    >"stand-alone"
    >> drives. I don't mind it being there, however it won't read any of the

    >media
    >> in the auto-loader.
    >>
    >> Any help would be great!
    >>
    >> -Mark Stachowicz
    >> mark.stachowicz@gartner.com

  4. Re: BE 8.5 with HP AutoLoader 24x6

    Download the latest driver set from veritas

    "Mark Stachowicz" wrote in message

    > I just installed BackupExec Adv Server 8.5 and am having troubles with it
    > using my HP 24x6 autoloader. The driver is loaded correctly, however it
    > doesn't show the device under the "changers", it only shows it under

    "stand-alone"
    > drives. I don't mind it being there, however it won't read any of the

    media
    > in the auto-loader.
    >
    > Any help would be great!
    >
    > -Mark Stachowicz