Error reported: The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Error reported: The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm using Veritas 8.5. Halfway during the installation, my backup halted with a message Storage device "Quantum 1" reported an error on a request to query entity information. Error reported: The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. ^ ^ ...

  1. Error reported: The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

    I'm using Veritas 8.5. Halfway during the installation, my backup halted
    with a message

    Storage device "Quantum 1" reported an error on a request to query entity
    information.

    Error reported:
    The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    What could have caused this error to occur?

    Andrew

  2. Re: Error reported: The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.

    Hi Andrew,

    This sounds like a time out issue, look for event id`s 7, 9, 11 and 15 in
    the system log. Try cleaning your device, try another tape, update the
    device drivers (make sure you use Veritas own drivers), check SCSI ID on the
    drive (Veritas recommends using ID 2-5). Also check for proper SCSI
    termination.

    Mike

    Andrew Chan wrote in message
    > I'm using Veritas 8.5. Halfway during the installation, my backup halted
    > with a message
    >
    > Storage device "Quantum 1" reported an error on a request to query entity
    > information.
    >
    > Error reported:
    > The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
    >
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    > What could have caused this error to occur?
    >
    > Andrew

  3. Re: Error reported: The object invoked has disconnected from itsclients.

    The MEDIA_Fix patch fixes this during backups. Never heard of it during
    install.

    If your build is lower that 3572, I'd grab the free upgrade to that build,
    which includes the fix,

    Andrew Chan wrote:

    > I'm using Veritas 8.5. Halfway during the installation, my backup halted
    > with a message
    >
    > Storage device "Quantum 1" reported an error on a request to query entity
    > information.
    >
    > Error reported:
    > The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.
    >
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    > What could have caused this error to occur?
    >
    > Andrew

+ Reply to Thread