once again: the database specified does not exist (on win2k) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on once again: the database specified does not exist (on win2k) - Veritas Backup Exec ; Okay so I installed BENT 8.5 build 3571 (also tried the latest, same result) on a Backoffice Server 2k (which is in fact Win2k server + SQL + Exchange + bits). It starts a few of the services but when ...

  1. once again: the database specified does not exist (on win2k)

    Okay so I installed BENT 8.5 build 3571 (also tried the latest, same result)
    on a Backoffice Server 2k (which is in fact Win2k server + SQL + Exchange
    + bits). It starts a few of the services but when attempting to manually
    start the Device Media Service as required by the remaining services that
    should start automatically but don't, the message "The Database Specified
    Does Not Exist" pops up. I renamed PVL.MDB as suggested, and MDAC is not
    the issue as it is Win2k. The server was running Win2k SP1, have upgraded
    to SP2 and latest patches but still the same problems.
    Any ideas much appreciated!

  2. Re: once again: the database specified does not exist (on win2k)

    Ah well lets answer my own post. Just finished trying *everything* I could
    find on the website and in the forums and still no go (not really surprising,
    usually if it won't go in BENT that's it in my experience). So I'm stuck.
    Hmmm.

    "Aardvark13" wrote:

    >Okay so I installed BENT 8.5 build 3571 (also tried the latest, same result)
    >on a Backoffice Server 2k (which is in fact Win2k server + SQL + Exchange
    >+ bits). It starts a few of the services but when attempting to manually
    >start the Device Media Service as required by the remaining services that
    >should start automatically but don't, the message "The Database Specified
    >Does Not Exist" pops up. I renamed PVL.MDB as suggested, and MDAC is not
    >the issue as it is Win2k. The server was running Win2k SP1, have upgraded
    >to SP2 and latest patches but still the same problems.
    >Any ideas much appreciated!

  3. Re: once again: the database specified does not exist (on win2k)

    Have you checked the registry:

    HKLM\software\veritas\adamm, the "ODBC driver connection string" that it
    points to the correct path, ie where the pvl.mdb is located.

    Mike

    Aardvark13 wrote in message

    > Ah well lets answer my own post. Just finished trying *everything* I could
    > find on the website and in the forums and still no go (not really

    surprising,
    > usually if it won't go in BENT that's it in my experience). So I'm stuck.
    > Hmmm.
    >
    > "Aardvark13" wrote:
    > >
    > >Okay so I installed BENT 8.5 build 3571 (also tried the latest, same

    result)
    > >on a Backoffice Server 2k (which is in fact Win2k server + SQL + Exchange
    > >+ bits). It starts a few of the services but when attempting to manually
    > >start the Device Media Service as required by the remaining services that
    > >should start automatically but don't, the message "The Database Specified
    > >Does Not Exist" pops up. I renamed PVL.MDB as suggested, and MDAC is not
    > >the issue as it is Win2k. The server was running Win2k SP1, have upgraded
    > >to SP2 and latest patches but still the same problems.
    > >Any ideas much appreciated!

+ Reply to Thread