Cannot Eject Austoloader Cartridge - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Cannot Eject Austoloader Cartridge - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, We have a problem where we cannot eject our autoloader cartridge if the Backup Exec Device and Media Service is running. Is that normal? If not does any one know how to fix this? Thanks Eric...

  1. Cannot Eject Austoloader Cartridge

    Hello,
    We have a problem where we cannot eject our autoloader cartridge if the
    Backup Exec Device and Media Service is running. Is that normal? If not
    does any one know how to fix this?

    Thanks
    Eric

  2. Re: Cannot Eject Austoloader Cartridge

    "Eric Perrone" wrote:
    >Hello,
    >We have a problem where we cannot eject our autoloader cartridge if the
    >Backup Exec Device and Media Service is running. Is that normal? If not
    >does any one know how to fix this?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Eric

    Eric,
    In Backup Exec under Devices right click on your drive and select Unlock.
    This should let you eject your tapes. Some drives have an eject over-ride
    that lets you hold the eject button down for 30 sec or so to force an eject.

    Good Luck
    Dan W

+ Reply to Thread