Restoring files - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Restoring files - Veritas Backup Exec ; im unable to restore any files from a baackup all i see in the restore selection is a grey tick box with a globe next to it and the words 'ALL VOLUMES' any ideas of wghat im doing wrong. ANDY...

  1. Restoring files

    im unable to restore any files from a baackup all i see in the restore selection
    is a grey tick box with a globe next to it and the words 'ALL VOLUMES' any
    ideas of wghat im doing wrong. ANDY

  2. Re: Restoring files

    I am having the same problem. The software has not saved the catalogs of
    the tapes. That is why you don't see anything to restore. I have sent a
    message to support for help. I am running Exec Server for NT2000 v8.5 rev
    3571. If they give me a solution I will send it to you.

    Adam

    "Andy Gower" wrote:

    >im unable to restore any files from a baackup all i see in the restore selection
    >is a grey tick box with a globe next to it and the words 'ALL VOLUMES' any
    >ideas of wghat im doing wrong. ANDY

  3. Re: Restoring files

    Hello,

    The problems you face is most likely because of a corrypt index file, the
    file is called betopcat.idx and is located in the C:\Program
    Files\Veritas\Backup Exec\NT\Catalogs folder by default. Stop Backup Exec
    services, rename the file to .old and restart the services. If no go, then
    look out for .tmp, .sm files in the Catalogs folder, delete these files if
    they exist.

    Mike

    Adam Griffin wrote in message

    > I am having the same problem. The software has not saved the catalogs of
    > the tapes. That is why you don't see anything to restore. I have sent a
    > message to support for help. I am running Exec Server for NT2000 v8.5 rev
    > 3571. If they give me a solution I will send it to you.
    >
    > Adam
    >
    > "Andy Gower" wrote:
    > >
    > >im unable to restore any files from a baackup all i see in the restore

    selection
    > >is a grey tick box with a globe next to it and the words 'ALL VOLUMES'

    any
    > >ideas of wghat im doing wrong. ANDY

+ Reply to Thread