Tape Device Paused - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Tape Device Paused - Veritas Backup Exec ; Using Backup Exec Ver 8 on NT4 Server - working fine then stopped with error message 'deviced paused'. The tape device is working fine because I can run a normal NT Backup to it. Rebooted, restarted services, reinstalled software still ...

  1. Tape Device Paused

    Using Backup Exec Ver 8 on NT4 Server - working fine then stopped
    with error message 'deviced paused'. The tape device is working
    fine because I can run a normal NT Backup to it. Rebooted,
    restarted services, reinstalled software still cant get it to
    work. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. Re: Tape Device Paused

    Steve,

    I have the same problem at the moment. Have you got any solution?
    The device is fine, Bup Backup (scheduled jobs) are also running without
    any problems using HP Surestore DLT Autoloader.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks
    "Steve Stone" wrote:

    >Using Backup Exec Ver 8 on NT4 Server - working fine then stopped
    >with error message 'deviced paused'. The tape device is working
    >fine because I can run a normal NT Backup to it. Rebooted,
    >restarted services, reinstalled software still cant get it to
    >work. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks

  3. Re: Tape Device Paused

    Found a solution that worked for our site - reset the password on the account
    that Back Up Exec uses, reapplied the NT service pack and removed Nortons
    Anti Virus - system now backing up successfully. Will reapply NAV @ a later
    date and will let you know if that makes any difference

    Steve

    "Wolfgang" wrote:

    >Steve,
    >
    >I have the same problem at the moment. Have you got any solution?
    >The device is fine, Bup Backup (scheduled jobs) are also running without
    >any problems using HP Surestore DLT Autoloader.
    >Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    >Thanks
    >"Steve Stone" wrote:
    >>
    >>Using Backup Exec Ver 8 on NT4 Server - working fine then stopped
    >>with error message 'deviced paused'. The tape device is working
    >>fine because I can run a normal NT Backup to it. Rebooted,
    >>restarted services, reinstalled software still cant get it to
    >>work. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    >>
    >>Thanks

+ Reply to Thread