Open File option - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Open File option - Veritas Backup Exec ; We are running W2K Server and BE 8.5. Servers are backed up using remote agents for each machine. The yesterday i recieved the following error message: "The open file option does not currently support the ability to follow mount points" ...

  1. Open File option

    We are running W2K Server and BE 8.5. Servers are backed up using remote
    agents for each machine. The yesterday i recieved the following error
    message:

    "The open file option does not currently support the ability to follow mount
    points"

    Can anybody tell me what this means and how i can solve this problem?
    Thanks in advance!

  2. Re: Open File option

    "Arnold J. Bidwell" wrote:
    >We are running W2K Server and BE 8.5. Servers are backed up using remote
    >agents for each machine. The yesterday i recieved the following error
    >message:
    >
    >"The open file option does not currently support the ability to follow mount
    >points"
    >
    >Can anybody tell me what this means and how i can solve this problem?
    >Thanks in advance!

    I was getting the same messages when backing up my domain controlers. In
    the windows 2000 tab uncheck "Backup files and directories by following junction
    points" this worked for me.

+ Reply to Thread