can not backup mailboxes from Exchange but Information store and Directories - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on can not backup mailboxes from Exchange but Information store and Directories - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have install the >, but i can not backup the mailboxes. I can select > and > on the Exchange Server, but not the mailboxes. When i type the mailbox name, i get the message connect to Exchange Server>> ...

  1. can not backup mailboxes from Exchange but Information store and Directories

    I have install the <>,
    but i can not backup the mailboxes.
    I can select <> and
    <> on the Exchange Server, but not the
    mailboxes.
    When i type the mailbox name, i get the message < connect to Exchange Server>> ( Sorry I have the german Version and the
    german error messages, i'm not sure if english translation is correct)
    I have read in the knowlegde Base that a MAPI-Client must install on the
    server, such as Outlook. I have look on the Server and have found mapi.dll
    and mapi32.dll <-- is this enough, or must i install a Outlook on Server.

    The Service-Account from backupExec has a mailbox on the Exchange Server and
    this account have full rights on the Exchange Server.

    I hope anybody can help me.

    sincerely yours
    Jens Müller

  2. Re: can not backup mailboxes from Exchange but Information store and Directories

    I would absolutely NOT backup the mail boxes. All you need is the directory and info stores. Veritas also says is it unnecessary.

    There are major issues in doing a "Brick layer" Backup. Microsoft themselves does not recommend it. You should setup the Deleted Retention items setting in Exchange.

    check out these links.
    http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm

    "Jens Müller" wrote in message news:3b0393ee$1@hronntp01....
    > I have install the <>,
    > but i can not backup the mailboxes.
    > I can select <> and
    > <> on the Exchange Server, but not the
    > mailboxes.
    > When i type the mailbox name, i get the message < > connect to Exchange Server>> ( Sorry I have the german Version and the
    > german error messages, i'm not sure if english translation is correct)
    > I have read in the knowlegde Base that a MAPI-Client must install on the
    > server, such as Outlook. I have look on the Server and have found mapi.dll
    > and mapi32.dll <-- is this enough, or must i install a Outlook on Server.
    >
    > The Service-Account from backupExec has a mailbox on the Exchange Server and
    > this account have full rights on the Exchange Server.
    >
    > I hope anybody can help me.
    >
    > sincerely yours
    > Jens Müller

+ Reply to Thread