ver 8.5 nt 4.0 backup problems - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on ver 8.5 nt 4.0 backup problems - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I am currently having a problem w/ 8.5 backup. I have a benchmark 110t dlt1 single tape drive. I get an error cyclic redundancy message!! The alert light is solid orange, I run a tape clean and the problem ...

  1. ver 8.5 nt 4.0 backup problems

    Hello, I am currently having a problem w/ 8.5 backup. I have a benchmark
    110t dlt1 single tape
    drive. I get an error cyclic redundancy message!!
    The alert light is solid orange, I run a tape clean
    and the problem does not go away. All services are started set to automatic,
    I have the latest and proper drivers installed the tape device. What is the
    life span of the dlt1's, have they exceeded their life span using only 4
    months. I have bought and replaced the cleaning tapes. As I understand the
    life cycle is 20 cleanings.

    Thanks in advance

    Jim Quinn

  2. Re: ver 8.5 nt 4.0 backup problems

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192216.htm
    for a list of causes of CRC errors

    Jim Quinn wrote:

    > Hello, I am currently having a problem w/ 8.5 backup. I have a benchmark
    > 110t dlt1 single tape
    > drive. I get an error cyclic redundancy message!!
    > The alert light is solid orange, I run a tape clean
    > and the problem does not go away. All services are started set to automatic,
    > I have the latest and proper drivers installed the tape device. What is the
    > life span of the dlt1's, have they exceeded their life span using only 4
    > months. I have bought and replaced the cleaning tapes. As I understand the
    > life cycle is 20 cleanings.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Jim Quinn

+ Reply to Thread