Catalog troubles - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Catalog troubles - Veritas Backup Exec ; All, We have been having ongoing problems with an I/O error on my library backup. We moved the library to another server yesterday in order to isolate the problem at hand. In doing so, I had to move my BENT ...

  1. Catalog troubles

    All,

    We have been having ongoing problems with an I/O error on my library backup.
    We moved the library to another server yesterday in order to isolate the
    problem at hand. In doing so, I had to move my BENT 8.5 install to this
    machine. I installed, and was happy with it. One of the other admins came
    in and needed to do a restore, he didn't have the catalogs available, so he
    coppied the catalog folder over and replaced the two index files. This
    morning, both backup jobs had an error "Catalog Error
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    An error was encountered writing to the on-disk catalogs."

    What can I do to correct this with out having to uninstall and reinstall?
    My backup jobs are rather large.

    Thanks
    John Trainer

  2. Re: Catalog troubles

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191613.htm

    John Trainer wrote:

    > All,
    >
    > We have been having ongoing problems with an I/O error on my library backup.
    > We moved the library to another server yesterday in order to isolate the
    > problem at hand. In doing so, I had to move my BENT 8.5 install to this
    > machine. I installed, and was happy with it. One of the other admins came
    > in and needed to do a restore, he didn't have the catalogs available, so he
    > coppied the catalog folder over and replaced the two index files. This
    > morning, both backup jobs had an error "Catalog Error
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > An error was encountered writing to the on-disk catalogs."
    >
    > What can I do to correct this with out having to uninstall and reinstall?
    > My backup jobs are rather large.
    >
    > Thanks
    > John Trainer

+ Reply to Thread