I/O device error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on I/O device error - Veritas Backup Exec ; I keep getting this message anytime I do a restore and point it to another server. I am retiring my old file server with a new one and it get only part way through the install (one dir and 2 ...

  1. I/O device error

    I keep getting this message anytime I do a restore and point it to another
    server. I am retiring my old file server with a new one and it get only
    part way through the install (one dir and 2 files) and stops.

    Storage device "EXABYTE 1" reported an error on a request to read data from
    media.

    Error reported:
    The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    The backups work with out a problem and succeed every single night. This
    restore is from last nights backup.

    Running BE 8.5 from Win2k SP1 with a Exabyte tape library with mamoth 2 tape
    heads. Backed up from NT4 SP6a and restore to Win2K SP1.

    any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

  2. Re: I/O device error

    I've been getting the same errors when my autoloader is supposed to change
    tapes.
    Veritas says it's a device timing out.
    If you find an answer, please let me know.

    "Stone" wrote:
    >I keep getting this message anytime I do a restore and point it to another
    >server. I am retiring my old file server with a new one and it get only
    >part way through the install (one dir and 2 files) and stops.
    >
    >Storage device "EXABYTE 1" reported an error on a request to read data from
    >media.
    >
    >Error reported:
    >The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.
    >
    >^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >

    >The backups work with out a problem and succeed every single night. This
    >restore is from last nights backup.
    >
    >Running BE 8.5 from Win2k SP1 with a Exabyte tape library with mamoth 2

    tape
    >heads. Backed up from NT4 SP6a and restore to Win2K SP1.
    >
    >any help would be appreciated
    >Thanks

+ Reply to Thread