lil` problem with exchange agent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on lil` problem with exchange agent - Veritas Backup Exec ; hi folks @ the backup-front! i'm evaluating BENT 8.5 for my company and i have a little (nubi) question: why do i have to install BENT on the exchange20000-server and not only the apopiate agent. i'm backing up from my ...

  1. lil` problem with exchange agent

    hi folks @ the backup-front!
    i'm evaluating BENT 8.5 for my company and i have a little (nubi) question:
    why do i have to install BENT on the exchange20000-server and not only the
    apopiate agent. i'm backing up from my w2k-machine and i can see the exchange-mailbox
    but cant connect.

    Any supposals are appreciated.

    greetings,
    stefan

  2. Re: lil` problem with exchange agent

    You need a copy of the Remote Agent as well as a copy of the Exchange Agent, if the
    Exchange box is not the backup box

    The Remote Agent is installed on the Remote Server, the Exchange Agent (serila only) is
    installed on the Backup Server

    Stefan wrote:

    > hi folks @ the backup-front!
    > i'm evaluating BENT 8.5 for my company and i have a little (nubi) question:
    > why do i have to install BENT on the exchange20000-server and not only the
    > apopiate agent. i'm backing up from my w2k-machine and i can see the exchange-mailbox
    > but cant connect.
    >
    > Any supposals are appreciated.
    >
    > greetings,
    > stefan