SQL Failure HELP!!!!!! - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SQL Failure HELP!!!!!! - Veritas Backup Exec ; Have BENT 8.5 NT 4.0 SPK 6. I ran a backup of a SQL box las night and recieved this error: "BACK LOG is not allowed while the trunc. log on chkpt. option is enabled. Use BACKUP DATAb@SE or disable ...

  1. SQL Failure HELP!!!!!!

    Have BENT 8.5 NT 4.0 SPK 6.
    I ran a backup of a SQL box las night and recieved this error:
    "BACK LOG is not allowed while the trunc. log on chkpt. option is enabled.
    Use BACKUP DATAb@SE or disable the option using sp_dboption."

    Any help will be most appreciated.
    Thanks in adv.

  2. Re: SQL Failure HELP!!!!!!

    there is an option
    "Ender" wrote:
    >it's easy, go in enterprise manager in SQL, right click on the database

    on which this problem has occured, go in option and check the option 'truncate
    log on checkpoint'.
    >Have BENT 8.5 NT 4.0 SPK 6.
    >I ran a backup of a SQL box las night and recieved this error:
    >"BACK LOG is not allowed while the trunc. log on chkpt. option is enabled.
    >Use BACKUP DATAb@SE or disable the option using sp_dboption."
    >
    >Any help will be most appreciated.
    >Thanks in adv.

  3. Re: SQL Failure HELP!!!!!!

    "El Jajah" wrote:
    it's easy, go in enterprise manager in SQL, right click on the database
    on which this problem has occured, go in option and check the option 'truncate
    log on checkpoint'

    >"Ender" wrote:
    >>it's easy, go in enterprise manager in SQL, right click on the database

    >on which this problem has occured, go in option and check the option 'truncate
    >log on checkpoint'.
    >>Have BENT 8.5 NT 4.0 SPK 6.
    >>I ran a backup of a SQL box las night and recieved this error:
    >>"BACK LOG is not allowed while the trunc. log on chkpt. option is enabled.
    >>Use BACKUP DATAb@SE or disable the option using sp_dboption."
    >>
    >>Any help will be most appreciated.
    >>Thanks in adv.

  4. Re: SQL Failure HELP!!!!!!

    "El Jajah" wrote:
    sorry you have to uncheck this option!!!!!

    >"El Jajah" wrote:
    >it's easy, go in enterprise manager in SQL, right click on the database
    >on which this problem has occured, go in option and check the option 'truncate
    >log on checkpoint'
    >>

    >>"Ender" wrote:
    >>>it's easy, go in enterprise manager in SQL, right click on the database

    >>on which this problem has occured, go in option and check the option 'truncate
    >>log on checkpoint'.
    >>>Have BENT 8.5 NT 4.0 SPK 6.
    >>>I ran a backup of a SQL box las night and recieved this error:
    >>>"BACK LOG is not allowed while the trunc. log on chkpt. option is enabled.
    >>>Use BACKUP DATAb@SE or disable the option using sp_dboption."
    >>>
    >>>Any help will be most appreciated.
    >>>Thanks in adv.

  5. Re: SQL Failure HELP!!!!!!

    You should check with your SQL administrator. Some databases, like master,
    should only have a backup database done and the truncate log on checkpoint
    should be left checked (known as simple recovery in SQL2000). It is your
    option as to whether or not to use the transaction logs for recovery on user
    databases. There are recovery implications when using truncate log on
    checkpoint. This option is not normally used for production OLTP databases
    where changes are made throughout the day.

    Alex

    "Ender" wrote in message

    > Have BENT 8.5 NT 4.0 SPK 6.
    > I ran a backup of a SQL box las night and recieved this error:
    > "BACK LOG is not allowed while the trunc. log on chkpt. option is enabled.
    > Use BACKUP DATAb@SE or disable the option using sp_dboption."
    >
    > Any help will be most appreciated.
    > Thanks in adv.

  6. Re: SQL Failure HELP!!!!!!

    This may be a dumb observation but I made this mistake, with exact error
    your getting. When you choose the dbs to backup, highlight the SQL icon as
    you would a drive. The right side of the window reveals filegroups and
    databases. Do not choose the file groups, choose only the databases. Your
    backups and restores will run perfectly, regardless if you check or uncheck
    'truncate>log on checkpoint'

    "Ender" wrote in message

    > Have BENT 8.5 NT 4.0 SPK 6.
    > I ran a backup of a SQL box las night and recieved this error:
    > "BACK LOG is not allowed while the trunc. log on chkpt. option is enabled.
    > Use BACKUP DATAb@SE or disable the option using sp_dboption."
    >
    > Any help will be most appreciated.
    > Thanks in adv.

  7. Re: SQL Failure HELP!!!!!!

    Thanks, will try that and see what happens.

    "Rod Alvarado" wrote:
    >This may be a dumb observation but I made this mistake, with exact error
    >your getting. When you choose the dbs to backup, highlight the SQL icon

    as
    >you would a drive. The right side of the window reveals filegroups and
    >databases. Do not choose the file groups, choose only the databases. Your
    >backups and restores will run perfectly, regardless if you check or uncheck
    >'truncate>log on checkpoint'
    >
    >"Ender" wrote in message
    >>
    >> Have BENT 8.5 NT 4.0 SPK 6.
    >> I ran a backup of a SQL box las night and recieved this error:
    >> "BACK LOG is not allowed while the trunc. log on chkpt. option is enabled.
    >> Use BACKUP DATAb@SE or disable the option using sp_dboption."
    >>
    >> Any help will be most appreciated.
    >> Thanks in adv.

+ Reply to Thread