Unable to initialize agent (again) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to initialize agent (again) - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I know there've been some other postings about the same problem but I didn't find the answer. I have three servers: SRV1, Backup Exec, Exchange 2000, DC SRV2, Remote Agent, DC SRV3, Remote Agent, Exchange 2000 I can't make ...

  1. Unable to initialize agent (again)

    Hi, I know there've been some other postings about the same problem but I
    didn't find the answer. I have three servers:

    SRV1, Backup Exec, Exchange 2000, DC
    SRV2, Remote Agent, DC
    SRV3, Remote Agent, Exchange 2000

    I can't make a backup of the System State of SRV3. On SRV1 I get the error
    "unable to initialize agent on SRV3".

    I removed the complete Backup Exec installation, reinstalled everything,
    installed the agent directly from CD, started the agent service with a service
    account... Nothing!

    Anybody? I think it has something to do with the Exchange 2000 installation
    on SRV3 but I'm not sure.

    This is becoming very nasty...

  2. Re: Unable to initialize agent (again) : SOLUTION

    After installing the latest Backup Exec version (8.5 3572) and hotfix 22 everything
    works fine (Job Succeeded)! Yeah!

    "Jeroen Buren" wrote:

    >Hi, I know there've been some other postings about the same problem but

    >didn't find the answer. I have three servers:
    >
    >SRV1, Backup Exec, Exchange 2000, DC
    >SRV2, Remote Agent, DC
    >SRV3, Remote Agent, Exchange 2000
    >
    >I can't make a backup of the System State of SRV3. On SRV1 I get the error
    >"unable to initialize agent on SRV3".
    >
    >I removed the complete Backup Exec installation, reinstalled everything,
    >installed the agent directly from CD, started the agent service with a service
    >account... Nothing!
    >
    >Anybody? I think it has something to do with the Exchange 2000 installation
    >on SRV3 but I'm not sure.
    >
    >This is becoming very nasty...

+ Reply to Thread