Exchange Mailbox backup takes forever - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange Mailbox backup takes forever - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi I using 8.5 to backup exchange mail server with a 20 GiG Information store. The store backups up really quickly but the the mailbox backup starts and it takes 4 days to complete. This is not right. In the ...

  1. Exchange Mailbox backup takes forever

    Hi

    I using 8.5 to backup exchange mail server with a 20 GiG Information store.
    The store backups up really quickly but the the mailbox backup starts and
    it takes 4 days to complete.
    This is not right.

    In the Log file i can see that it finds many corrupt files in the mail system
    any idea how i can get Veritas to ignore those files. Or how i can repair
    them.

    regards
    Tiny

  2. Re: Exchange Mailbox backup takes forever

    yeah, it is.

    The way that BENT does mailbox backups is to log onto it's own Exchange account,
    then connect to each mailbox, then open and read each item in each mailbox.

    We've seen rates as low as 4-6MB/min reported over a network and some actually
    report up to 30MB/min for a local backup.

    See Charles Villa's rant against individual Mailbox Backups at
    http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm
    It also contains some good Exchange Resource Links

    Tiny wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I using 8.5 to backup exchange mail server with a 20 GiG Information store.
    > The store backups up really quickly but the the mailbox backup starts and
    > it takes 4 days to complete.
    > This is not right.
    >
    > In the Log file i can see that it finds many corrupt files in the mail system
    > any idea how i can get Veritas to ignore those files. Or how i can repair
    > them.
    >
    > regards
    > Tiny

+ Reply to Thread