Exchange won't backup IS and DS - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange won't backup IS and DS - Veritas Backup Exec ; The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set aborted. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set aborted. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ I recently changed the Exchange service account as well as ...

  1. Exchange won't backup IS and DS

    The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set aborted.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set aborted.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    I recently changed the Exchange service account as well as the Backup Exec
    service account. With this exeption the exchange and backup services are
    working well. I can backup the mailboxes.

    Help!!!

  2. Re: Exchange won't backup IS and DS

    check the permissions on the IS and DS make sure BENT has permission to
    access it.

    "Paul Raflik" wrote in message

    > The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set aborted.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    > The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set aborted.
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >
    > I recently changed the Exchange service account as well as the Backup Exec
    > service account. With this exeption the exchange and backup services are
    > working well. I can backup the mailboxes.
    >
    > Help!!!

  3. Re: Exchange won't backup IS and DS

    The BE service account has Service Account Admin rights.

    "Doug" wrote:
    >check the permissions on the IS and DS make sure BENT has permission to
    >access it.
    >
    >"Paul Raflik" wrote in message
    >>
    >> The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set aborted.
    >> ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >>
    >> The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set aborted.
    >> ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >>
    >> I recently changed the Exchange service account as well as the Backup

    Exec
    >> service account. With this exeption the exchange and backup services

    are
    >> working well. I can backup the mailboxes.
    >>
    >> Help!!!

  4. Re: Exchange won't backup IS and DS

    Do these help?
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191848.htm - insufficient rights
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191027.htm - missing admin client
    --
    Charles Villa

    http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm
    Please keep discussions in the newsgroup.

  5. Re: Exchange won't backup IS and DS

    i have exactly the same problem... on some servers , not all.....

    i read about the edbbcli.dll needing to be the same revision number on both
    exchange and the backup server - didn't work

    i also read about the version number specificall needing to be 5.52650.17
    (SP3)
    changed them all around... that didn't work either.......

    HELP!

    > The BE service account has Service Account Admin rights.
    >
    > "Doug" wrote:
    > >check the permissions on the IS and DS make sure BENT has permission to
    > >access it.
    > >
    > >"Paul Raflik" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set aborted.
    > >> ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > >>
    > >> The Exchange Store service is not responding. Backup set aborted.
    > >> ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > >>
    > >> I recently changed the Exchange service account as well as the Backup

    > Exec
    > >> service account. With this exeption the exchange and backup services

    > are
    > >> working well. I can backup the mailboxes.
    > >>
    > >> Help!!!

  6. Re: Exchange won't backup IS and DS

    If you look at the Exchange server's event logs, you will see that the
    backup was aborted because the client disconnected.

    I have had to put a tape drive on the Exchange machine and use MSBackup to
    do daily backups for now.

    All DLLs match, I have the official Exchage 2000 serial number, and the
    backups work fine with the same tape device on the Exchange machine.

    This has to be something specific to BE 8.5

    And, I'm not at all happy about it Veritas!

    "Steve Hadley" wrote in message
    > i have exactly the same problem... on some servers , not all.....
    >
    > i read about the edbbcli.dll needing to be the same revision number on

    both
    > exchange and the backup server - didn't work
    >
    > i also read about the version number specificall needing to be 5.52650.17
    > (SP3)
    > changed them all around... that didn't work either.......
    >
    > HELP!
    >
    > "Paul Raflik" wrote in message
    > >
    > > The BE service account has Service Account Admin rights.
    > >
    > > "Doug" wrote:
    > > >check the permissions on the IS and DS make sure BENT has permission to
    > > >access it.
    > > >
    > > >"Paul Raflik" wrote in message

    > > Exec

    > > are

  7. Re: Exchange won't backup IS and DS

    Gary, this isn't specific to just BE 8.5. I'm having this same problem
    with BE 7.2 and it didn't start happening until after 5/1/01. Up until that
    time, everything ran smooth as silk.

    I've wondered if I need to shutdown the exchange server services every night
    during the backup and have it restart at a certain time in the morning until
    there's a fix for this.

    "Gary Hammer" wrote in message
    > If you look at the Exchange server's event logs, you will see that the
    > backup was aborted because the client disconnected.
    >
    > I have had to put a tape drive on the Exchange machine and use MSBackup to
    > do daily backups for now.
    >
    > All DLLs match, I have the official Exchage 2000 serial number, and the
    > backups work fine with the same tape device on the Exchange machine.
    >
    > This has to be something specific to BE 8.5
    >
    > And, I'm not at all happy about it Veritas!
    >

    > "Steve Hadley" wrote in message
    > > i have exactly the same problem... on some servers , not all.....
    > >
    > > i read about the edbbcli.dll needing to be the same revision number on

    > both
    > > exchange and the backup server - didn't work
    > >
    > > i also read about the version number specificall needing to be

    5.52650.17
    > > (SP3)
    > > changed them all around... that didn't work either.......
    > >
    > > HELP!
    > >
    > > "Paul Raflik" wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > The BE service account has Service Account Admin rights.

    Backup
    > > > Exec

    services
    > > > are